Sign in to follow this  
Noel

How is the ERJ145 PIC compared to PMDG 737NG 800/900

Guest QFA001

> I know of no other industry where you can sell someone something, >lose almost nothing in the transaction (ie packaging etc), and >completely reject their request for a refund 2 days later. Wrong. In the whole software industry (and lately any showbiz industry like film, CDs, DVDs) it's becoming standard. It's even clearly posted on PMDG's and feelThere's site (I'm not sure about the rest but I'm sure about these two companies I buy from).>I promised to express my opinion whenever someone asks about >comparisons and opinions of their product. It's shows your class. Noel I checked your previous posts and I found you a cool guy. Look what have you done with your reputation. It's not feelthere anymore. Those guys I'm sure sold thousands of ERJs and if there would some major flaw we would know about it, but look every single post about them are highly praising these developers.By posting from their forum the initial postings which were addressed long time ago show you how a slimy person you are. If you look other posts from the very same guys you will see they solved their problems and you know that very well. Looking at your postings here it's clear to see you have a broken MS database that you refuse to fix and you pulled all the refresh sliders to 0 which means the instruments are not refreshing at all :)>I take the trouble to post this Here we go. Punch just under the belt; why not posting on the feelthere forum where the developers would have the chance to help you?>I asked "support" about this fix as it appeared to involve some >system changes as I did not want mess up any other part of my sysDude, you are your own enemy. This is exactly I'm talking about. You have a broken database. I could go into details telling you how's the feelthere database relies on MS Access, but I'm sure you have no idea what is that. If you would then you would understand the fault that was caused by one of your security update...Quantasluvr

Guest QFA001

I repeat myself; 1000s of people can't be wrong. Fix your database and make your $35 worthwile. I'm sure you have no gutts to admit later on but you will enjoy flying this plane after you fixed your machine. Read my lips; any MS Access database will not run on your systemQuantasluvr

Guest feeldev

Noel,I'm reading your posts and I was not planning to step up, because I agree with you 100% you have all the rights to say anything about our ERJ as you wish. I even understand your fustration by not getting the refund. But I would like to ask you one thing. Why don't you mention the last email that we sent you with the screenshots of each page of the FMS showing the correct icao codes (with the one exception which was a custom waypoint) that you claimed they never worked and since we never ever heard from you?BTW the database fix that helped lots of people already (not FS related just like Quantas said) would've fixed your problems long long time ago.Sorry Folks for being off topicVictor

>Dude, you are your own enemy. This is exactly I'm talking>about. You have a broken database. I could go into details>telling you how's the feelthere database relies on MS Access,In what way has a database software like MS Access anything to do with an addon plane for FS9 like ERJ145PIC? Does this mean that MS Access is needed for the ERJ?

Q's personal attacks aside, quite obviously I am a disgruntled owner of the ERJ. I did, after reading a few pages of details on MDAC an hour or so ago, take the plunge on something I didn't understand. I had asked FT about this issue, of whether or not another element of my system would be affected, but didn't get an answer. I also attempted to work through their ERJ forum, but can't seem to get the password retrieval to send me a new one, nor will it allow me to reregister, as my email address AND username is already in their database. It won't allow me to obtain a password, or reregister. I asked FT support about this, they did not respond perhaps because they were busy trying to respond to other issues I asked about. In any case, can't seem to get into their forum, and this is the only reason I came here to share my disgruntledness. The idea of a protected, one-way transaction where the buyer has zero recourse is not a nice thing IMHO. It will certainly give me cause to either stick only with returnable, packaged items (could have done this by purchasing the boxed version I suppose), or ones that offer a limited shareware capability. ActiveCamera and a few others come to mind.The FMC now works, as Q would know. Thank you Q for prodding me into installing the MDAC upgrade. Hopefully it won't affect other areas of my software and OS in a negative way. Performance wise, it does not function smoothly, but I have only tried 2 diff display slider settings. Maybe it will improve. I still don't want it!I would gladly return this product today for a 50% restocking fee. Or send it on to anyone interested for $10, were it legal to do so, right now. As for my reputation, I can live with it. I am one who gets ###### when I fall for a one-way transaction with no way out. I have been happy with other products, hence don't recall going through this sort of situation. I tried, initially by appealing to FT to refund my $$ as I didn't feel like screwing around with another product to make it work as advertised. They kindly declined so they could keep my $$. All Noel's reputation aside, DO be sure when you spend your hard earned $$ on something that you can live with the gambling nature of it where the policy is no-refund, no re-sell, no how. Most everything else I buy is returnable, and IMO, is a great practice to use to keep up customer loyalty. I would not want to sell something to someone when they were clearly unhappy with it. I'm not in business however. There, all cards are on the table. We can park it, and too bad someone can't buy this sucker from me for $10. FT won't let me though, and have put something into their product to keep wicked people from committing "piracy." (!!!) Doesn't seem like piracy to send along something, provided you remove it from your machine. Ethics, yes, ethics. Buyer beware . . .Cheers,Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Guest feeldev

Hello,No you don't have to have MS Access. Our database is written in that format as finally Noel noticed it some XP upgrades (nothing to do with FS) can effect the communication between any MS Access databases. As long as you have either WinXP or Win2K running FS9 you should be fine.Thank youVictor

Guest feeldev

Noel,>I asked FT support about this, they did not respondPerhaps you just ignored our emails just like you did my question above about the screenshots.We also told you you need a new password for the forum you can't use the same one that you have for our website.I think this forum is not the right place to discuss these problems please visit us on our forum and we wil be there working out your other problems as well. Please note just by taking a few minutes reading about MDAC solved one of your problem. Why don't you come to our forum and let's work out the rest of them?Thank youVictor

Guest pakket

There are a few things i do not like about these two products, first the PMDG 737 has not a upper overhead panel with the IRS etc. and the feelthere ERJ145LR has not a fully pedestral or center console, the under part of the pedestral is not simulated.best regards, martijn

Let's get this thread back on topic. I have both addons and fly them both regulary. But, if this were my introduction into jet-flying, I would have to go -perhaps somewhat counterintuitively- with the PMDG product. Here's why:1) The PMDG has superb documentation available. In addition to the manual from PMDG, you can still find Metzinger's tutorials, which are very good and will introduce you to all the features needed to fly the Boeing. If you speak German (or can read it), you can download a very good tutorial (more than 100 pages) in German. In contrast, the manual for the ERJ leaves much to be desired in teaching you how to fly this plane. It's serviceable, but nothing more. Basically, what you have are 11 disjointed pdfs. Of coure, you can always use Bill Grabowski's manual for his ERJ panel. 2) At least on my machine, the ERJ is a bit harder on the framerates. 3) The Boeing is -if you so desire- a "set it and forget it" plane. If you wanted to, you could program the FMC, advance the throttles to 60%, hit N1, take off, engage the autopilot, engage lnav and vnav, retract the flaps on schedule, and let the plane do all the work, right up until you engage both autopilots and do an autoland. I find the autothrottle on the Boeing to be very precise. You can't do that with the ERJ, which doesn't have an autothrottle. Hence, the speed needs constant management, especially in cruise where the suggested N1 setting will lead you to overspeed the plane. My sense is that the ERJ doesn't interact all that well with the FS weather machine (in conjunction with Active Sky). Sudden changes in wind speed and direction seem to frequently produce sudden changes in speed. So, as I've said, you need to monitor that speed tape. 4) As Viktor and the Feel There team have said frequently, the ERJ needs an almost perfectly calibrated throttle. If you 're having difficulty calibrating your hardware, you'll run into grief quickly. I use a wireless Logitech Freedom joystick and run into problems often, because the controller has a tendency to send random spikes to its base station. 5) The PMDG has a fuel planner and load manager available. The ERJ doesn't. I'm still not sure how to accurately plan my fuel load. If you have FSBuild, there is an ERJ profile available. 6) Support for both products is very good. After the ERJ was released, several patches were made available to fix major problems. 7) It's easy to bust through the 250/10,000 speed restriction on the ERJ. The speed brakes (which can only be engaged when the throttles are <35% or something like that) will do some of the work, but, again, if you're not watching your speed carefully you'll be dinged to death with that annoying "high speed high speed" alarm. This can be quite a challenge when you are following FS9s heading and altitude change requests during descent and approach. Overall, I'd say: buy them both. Can't go wrong. I haven't experienced any of the problems the other user reported. At any rate, the patch for the ERJ has sliders available, which will allow you to change gauge refresh rates, in case you want to squeeze out a few extra frames. ricardo

Guest QFA001

I agree with Ricardo. This is what I meant by the ERJ is a pilot plane the PMDG is more automatic. If you wish to fly a very complex plane but little bit remembering the good 'ol GA days the ERJ is your plane. You have all the instruments telling you what to do, but you must be the one who flies. No autothrottle, no automatic landings. If you are looking for more automated systems the PMDG is the right plane.Ricardo I noticed one thing in your email, you say the suggested N1 lead you to overspeeding. I just saw that somehow the FADEC suggests those cruise N1's from a table, but it can't take things like wind into account and regarding real pilots they need to pull the throttle back on cruise quite often.Quantasluvr

Seriously Victor, I have tried 2 or 3 times to take this to FTs forum but cannot seem to get it to work. Here's what happens, i'm doing it right now:If I enter what I thought was my username and what I know is my email address into the "Forgot your Password" dialogue, it gives me this:"There Was A Problem With Your DetailsEither the UserName or the E-mail Address you entered does not exist in the database."I go ahead and try all possible UserNames that I use. Same message. So, I then go back to the Register option, enter these same UserNames, and of course my correct and only email address, and this is what I get:"There Was A Problem With Your DetailsUserName already in Use, Please Choose AnotherE-mail Address already in use, Please Choose Another"Don't mean to be rude Victor, but I use many many forums, and have never had this come up. Hopefully I'm missing something.And Victor, I reread the emails re responding to my question about how to access your forum AND about whether or not the "fix" would potentially affect other areas of my installation, and there was no reply I could find. My disgruntledness comes in part from the fact I don't like spending $35 for an aircraft and needing to fix much of anything. I read the .pdf, there was no reference to MDAC issue, though quite obviously others have had the same issue. And what with the forum access difficulties, didn't feel like searching far and wide for what MDAC might do, so I asked, and got no reply, at least that I could see. If you did in fact address this then my apologies for not paying attention. Anyway, I would be happy, as I was originally, to take this to FTs forum. Please advise me on what to do. Perhaps you can purge my registration or whatever it takes.Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Guest feeldev

Hello Noel,I will look into the forum's admin center and see if there is any "hanging" emails are there. If there is I will flash it. The MDAC problem wasn't mentioned in the manual because it has nothing to with our ERJ as a matter of fact with FS neither. It's caused by some security update (I'm not expert of these techical questions, I'm sure on our forum Alex can tell you exactly) fby MS.Victor

Thank you kindly Victor.Noel

Noel