Sign in to follow this  
stepell

Hdg, Alt - Numbers Go On Running

Hi Bryan

I am using FS2crew voice for some years now and it worked fine, but in the last days something wired happened:

When using the “SET HDG XXX”, “SET FL XXX” commands the numbers go on running.

In general I know about this issue. it happened from time to time in the past and a solution is also mentioned in the manual (switch “voice” off and on again).

But now it happens every time. Switching “Voice” off and on helps at first. The running stoppes, but with the next command it runs away again.

Often I have to do it 3, 4 times till it works normally again and the numbers don’t run away anymore...

Maybe not important but I recognized one thing:

Normally the numbers change slower when reaching the commanded value

e.g. hdg 300 current, “SET HDG 160” - first numbers are changing fast till maybe 170 then changing slower for the last few steps till reaching 160

now they still slow down before reaching the selected value, but pick up again and keep on running

also only happened with HDG and ALT/FL not with SPD (so far)

all other commands work perfectly

I’ve tried countless times even with preselected flights and switching the FS2C panel to the right situation.

I am also looking at the green bar in case the system understands something wrong or picks up things it shouldn’t. The commands are also correctly spoken. (as confirmed at the green bar).

I also did a reinstall of the software incl. SP but nothing changed. (it works fine with the ifly737 voice btw.)

Can you please tell me what is the general reason that these numbers sometimes (in my case always) run away. Since you mentioned it in the manual there must be something behind.

My specs.

Win 7 prof (all updates)

FS9.1

LevelD (all updates)

FS2Crew voice for LevelD767 incl. SP

As mentioned, didn’t have this problems before, don’t have this problem with the ifly737

I have my own system just for FS so nothing changed except the regular Win updates and a recent IVAP update.

Thanks for your answers

cheers

Stefan

I am using FS2crew voice for some years now and it worked fine, but in the last days something wired happened:
When using the “SET HDG XXX”, “SET FL XXX” commands the numbers go on running.

Try re-running the voice training.

And triple check you're using the correct syntax.  Look at the green bar.  Ensure the number are being detected as numbers.

If the system hears, for example, "Set heading NINE HUNDRED HUNDRED" (a nonsense number) that can result in the numbers spinning.

Hi,

I checked everything as you suggested, still the same.

The bar confirms my numbers and syntax are understood correctly. The values for HDG and ALT are also reasonable.

Any ideas?!

Hard to guess since you said it worked fine before.

Have you changed anything on your computer?

I have my own PC for FS and havent been using it for 2,3 month, so nothing changed except the win updates and the recent update for IVAP.

In the last days i tried everything i could think of, including reinstall. No changes.

is there anything besides "nonsense numbers" that could make ALT and HDG values run away?
is there a difference in the logic between the Level-D and ifly (because ifly workes fine)?
despite reinstall, could there be a wrong entry in the panel.cfg?

In the last days i tried everything i could think of, including reinstall. No changes.

is there anything besides "nonsense numbers" that could make ALT and HDG values run away?

is there a difference in the logic between the Level-D and ifly (because ifly workes fine)?

despite reinstall, could there be a wrong entry in the panel.cfg?

Other than non sense numbers, nothing should really be able to trigger a runaway generally speaking.

You said it was working before for a very long time, which tells me something changed on your system.  Maybe you're flying into an area with heavy scenery and your CPU is being over-taxed?

Try again, but in Africa or something away from any heavy 3rd party scenery.