Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

Does Pilot2Atc Work As Voice Only ?

Hi Dave,

You ATC addon has caught my interest, but I do have a question, and that is, does it work with voice only ? I prefer button only.

Cheers

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Yes only  works on voice commands  since got the addon awhile  back, takes awhile to get used to it  though Lol

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thanks Pete. I really like the interface, and very impressed indeed. But alas, no button control so back to the old chestnuts :)

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Thanks Pete. I really like the interface, and very impressed indeed. But alas, no button control so back to the old chestnuts :)

Lol   yea be hard  to use button controls  since  there are lots of  voice combinations  you can use  :)  The thing  that got me  to get it  was you able to get  the sid and stars  and ils charts within  the interface with out exiting  the sim

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I just wish there would be a response if the program does not understand your voice or radio call.   Love the demo but very frustrated with the voice function.   On a two hour flight I had only one response from the unicom frequency at my departing airport.   Very quiet room and my headset was working according to Windows.    I was able to say the simple command as a test and it understood but no response when using more complex radio calls.   Would it be possible to have audible samples of the requests/responses to hear exactly how we are supposed to say the radio call.   Then in flight, have the controller give an example of the proper radio call.    This may be a complex upgrade to the program but this would provide an excellent learning tool.

Mike Cameron 

Hi Mike

In the Configuration and Maintenance screen under the Joystick tab there is an option to play a tone for speech Recognition. select a sound and tick the box. That might help.

On the UI if you click the '?' it will take you Grammar screen where you can practice  the voice procedures that Pilot2ATC knows. 

I would agree that sometime it's very hit and miss with the voice, not sure why as MCE works just fine for me.

Early beginnings but I'm sure it will get better

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Thanks Clive,

I forgot about the tone selection, I thought that I had already selected one but will go back and see.   The grammar screen is nice and I went there more times than I would like.   It's just that there are a lot of options and it would be nice if it just had a series of completed phrases for that controller that I can read instead of options for placing controller name here and aircraft number here, etc.   Optimally it would be nice to click on the example radio call and have a verbal example of that phrase for reference.  

Mike

Same here :P

I've spent most of my time just on there!!

I think your right it want a manual of commands per controller much like FS2CREW and MCE to name a few. ^_^

I'll see what Dave can do

Hold the horses........just seen this

On the Grammar screen there is a 'Print all'; button.  You can print out the command to a 'PDF printer'  and have your own manual in any way you want!!!

I use 'Foxit Reader PDF printer'

Yep it works I now have a 47 page PDF document of voice command etc for P2ATC

Just looking through this document, wow looks very comprehensive indeed.

How do RW pilots remember all these..... :lol:  :lol:

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Hi All.

Thanks Alpha117 for all the good tips!

Mike62, I like your idea of a simple working phrase for each call.  I just put it on the enhancements list, and at high priority.

BadFinger, I do plan on adding a button ATC response capability, but that's going to take a little time as it involves both logic and User Interface dev.  Hang in there, it's coming.

Dave 

Hi All.

Thanks Alpha117 for all the good tips!

Mike62, I like your idea of a simple working phrase for each call.  I just put it on the enhancements list, and at high priority.

BadFinger, I do plan on adding a button ATC response capability, but that's going to take a little time as it involves both logic and User Interface dev.  Hang in there, it's coming.

Dave 

That is great Dave. I will keep my eye out. Plenty of time to study the manual :)

BTW, the latest demo sometimes times out @15 mins instead of 15 days. Says demo expired whilst running. But it does re start.

yea  I printed all the 30 pages or  so on the different voice combination  etc   on the different  stages of  flight

Peter kelberg

The issue with the complex ATC voice commands could be that windows voice recognition does not do very well with long complex sentences.  The shorter the better for the voice recog.   One thing that could fix the issue is if the ATC does not understand they could say something or allow a manual TEXT entry to reply to ATC so that you can get the flight moving along.   It took me quite some time just go get to take off even though Ive used ATC before on Vatsim and on Vox2ATC, PilotEdge etc.  While there are set ATC statements sometimes ATC can be a bit open with how you speak especially at smaller airports.  So perhaps a text option would improve the misunderstanding of the program via windows speech recognition which in itself is nice, but not a very good program in my opinion for recognizing speech :)

Cheers on the great program.

Mike62, I like your idea of a simple working phrase for each call. I just put it on the enhancements list, and at high priority.

Thanks Dave,

That will greatly help with learning the radio calls.

Mike

I just posted update 1.3.0.1.  It has Sample phrases for all the commands at the top of each command.  It definitely was a good idea Mike...Thank you.  I find myself using them sometimes.

One thing you can do if you're stuck with a particular interaction, let's say clearance delivery, is just skip it!  Move on to request taxi and Pilot2ATC will figure out you are ready to go.  If you have your IFR Flight Plan filed, the rest of your flight should go smoothly. 

This feature is built in primarily so you can do repetitive practice.  Pilot2ATC will try and pick up in mid flight based on the flight plan you have filed and what radio call you make. But the same idea applies on the ground.

Hope this helps everyone.

Dave

Thx for this quick update dave

Peter kelberg