Sign in to follow this  
vonduck

2 Graphic Cards But Not In Sli?

Hi guys,

A question...

I am building a home cockpit and have started using the Jeheel software for the instruments on 2 monitors while the outside display is on 2 monitors linked as dual HDMI... (have 4 monitors - 2 x 27" linked as one using Zotac splitter and 2 x 18" running DVI all from same card)

Currently i have my 2 GTX670oc cards linked in SLI and am using the CFG tweak etc,,,, I do get graphic anomalies though which we understand is a trade off..

My question is this... can i disable SLI and plug the 2 monitors for the gauges into the lower graphic card and leave the other card to display the outside view? Would performance be better for the gauges?

Thought i would ask first rather than mess things up unnecessarily!

Cheers chaps

Doug

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

Short answer yes functionally. Performance wise you will have to test. I was thinking about doing the same thing, but I ordered the Oculus Rift DK2, so all my hardware plans/changes are on hold until it arrives. 

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png

Thanks Scott,

Looks like i will have to give it a go to see

Will report back with my findings

Cheers

Doug

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

Jeepers! Thanks Jan, that was most informative!

For the actual setup, i assume you just plugged the additional monitors into the 2nd card and that was it? Anything to be wary of?

Did you notice a performance gain or things generally smoother?

Thanks Jan!

Doug

Doug 

Hi Dough,

You are welcome.

You should be aware that you cannot use the vc on monitors connected to different graphical cards.

As shown in the pictures on my website, I use one graphical card for the (single/streched) outside view

and one to show the 2d panel.

Also your PC/processor should be powerful enough to produce all those pixels at an acceptable framerate

If I use the iFly 737NG with Austria pro + Innsbruck it goes down to 10-15 fps while on take-off.

See you, Jan

I can confirm it is indeed a 'see what your system does'-project. I recently build a new PC for my flightsim and because i'm running 2 monitors, one for VC with ouside view and one in my hardware panel with a main panel view, I thought to try to get the panel monitor run on the Geforce 460 from my old PC, to boost FPS. Two different cards, so non-SLI.

First, I could find plenty of forums posts telling me this is possible, but non that explained how to do it. So I had to go on my own instinct on how to do it and the principle works on my system, but it didnt give me any extra performance, though.

I talked to several computer experts to advise me on what I could try to get more performance out of my setup, but everything I tried came down to the same thing: it works, but it doesnt give me any extra performance.

I understand that there are people for whom it did have a positive effect, but also for whom it didnt do much. So give it a try and see if it will benefit you. :)

Cheers!

Maarten