Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

Restore Xplane 10's Water Color

Not sure when/where/why but my water color has become too blue and  I miss the darker color. Tried HDR OFF/ON no change and nothing in MAXXFX seems to have caused it, No sure if there is some tweak I mistakenly made along he way. Any Ideas?

Current Color too Blue

newimage001_zps11729895.jpg

newimage004_zps0def8223.jpg

Original Darker Color

image002_zpsc538f786.jpg

image003_zps07d44fa4.jpg

I agree. Something in the last beta made the water way too aquamarine.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

IMO the "too blue" looks much much better , if you find out how it happened please post here

Ohsirus are you using the Real Terra Haze plugin? I am but can't use my PC at the moment to test if it's that.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I see lots of other changes in the "current" pictures.  I think it looks great.  Perspective I guess....

John

John Wingold

Ohsirus are you using the Real Terra Haze plugin? I am but can't use my PC at the moment to test if it's that.

Yeah, just traced it down to it being the cause v3.0. No options that affect the water color sadly to darken it up, probably something in the lua script.

In fact I also like a lot that new water color, I'm in beta 7, is beta 8 already out?

Alexander Colka

Looks a lot better then dark blue.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Perhaps some lakes may look that dark but it would be a good idea to have different tones of water depending on the geographic location like the Caribbean with light blue tones, hope someday this feature may be included in future versions.

Alexander Colka