Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Blunt Warning: Sign Your Posts- Or...

Maybe they should take a different approach and require that order #s are placed in the signature for support. Of course that makes people who have not purchased the aircraft not be able to learn about any bugs there might be or performance.

Maybe they should take a different approach and require that order #s are placed in the signature for support. Of course that makes people who have not purchased the aircraft not be able to learn about any bugs there might be or performance.

Coming from experience with having about a billion order numbers with orbx, I find that system to be VERY annoying.

Additionally, it sidesteps the cordial nature of seeing people's actual names.

Kyle Rodgers

I totally agree with the whole name thing. I get fed up answering people and having to put stupid names like 'NGXFlyer312' (sorry if that is your name).

Even then you will always find the stupid people that tell people they got it by funny means and still wanting help. I think there was a case of that not long ago.

Coming from experience with having about a billion order numbers with orbx, I find that system to be VERY annoying.

Additionally, it sidesteps the cordial nature of seeing people's actual names.

Agree,Kyle. It's nice to have a name instead of a number. 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Respectfully...

I never put my real name anywhere. On the other hand, developers naturally have the right to protect their intellectual property by asking people to identify themselves. Therefore I am OK with putting my order number.

Remember, there are countries that have privacy laws that actually make this request to sign your posts with your real name - shall we say - not recommended .....

May I therefore request a more balanced approach from the Captain ?

Thank you.

Or may be the Captain will remove your unsigned post? If you object to signing then simply don't post here.

It should be the same for everybody. I'm sorry, but if the rules say that then they are the rules. If you don't like it then post somewhere else.

In my country they have a law that says I am not allowed to drive down the road over a certain speed, so I don't or face trouble. PMDG say that on their forum and you have to sign your name. It's as simple as that. It's not like they are censoring post, or deleting ones that say bad things about their products.

Once again on here people argue about things that your are not going to change.

BLUNT_zpsdaee6404.png

Chris, do you need to borrow my razor ? :P

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I can't see why this "rule" exists.

It doesn't matter why you can't see this rule exists - it exists.

Chris, do you need to borrow my razor ? :P

Lol.....would he still be the most interesting man in the world without his patented beard?

Chris Sunseri

You may not like it, you may agree with it, but this is the rule that PMDG put on their support forum. When you produce something that you sell and offer a support forum, then you can make up what ever rules you like. I don't like all the rules when I am a passenger on a plane or going through airports. I could just see me trying to board a plane with no ticket, them saying that it is the rule to have one and me saying that I don't agree with it. I'm sure I'd be marched out of the airport.

Rules are made up by people in charge. This is PMDG's rules and if you don't like it then don't post. It could be worse, you could have to have a purchase number to post or even see the forum.

Or maybe you would like all the little urps that pirate the aircraft that people have paid for, be able to get the same after sales service.

Honestly, the support forums should be only accessible to verified owners, much like HiFi (ASN).  For one, it would remove most of the trolls, and stop idiots from asking for support for products they stole.  Plus, it'd free up PMDG staff from having to look up names against the customer database, which is tiresome.

sig01.png

Just checking to see if I did my sig right...

and wiping the coffee off the screen that I spewed with "The Most Interesting Man" post.

Stephen Forsgren

Honestly, the support forums should be only accessible to verified owners, much like HiFi (ASN).  For one, it would remove most of the trolls, and stop idiots from asking for support for products they stole.  Plus, it'd free up PMDG staff from having to look up names against the customer database, which is tiresome.

Agreed!

Honestly, the support forums should be only accessible to verified owners, much like HiFi (ASN).

Unfortunately, that sort of feature is not supported by AVSIM's forum software.

Rev. Bill Leaming

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator