Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Blunt Warning: Sign Your Posts- Or...

checked

checked

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Gents,

Thank you for the support of the signing requirement.  A few folks don't agree, which is certainly okay- but compliance is still required and they have been advised as such.

No need to be unfriendly about it.  I think they call it "Cheerful willingness" in the Navy... but Tom would know more about that than me...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I think they call it "Cheerful willingness" in the Navy... but Tom would know more about that than me..

Was that what it was called? I never knew that. I just saluted smartly, said "Yes Sir" and followed orders. And then said some choice words under my breath and got on with it. 

Bill, we could set up a system that required a registration number to get access to the PMDG forums, but Rob and guys would have to hike prices by 20-30% on their products in order to hire the two new guys that would then be needed to moderate and manage the forums (or alternatively hike them by 3% and just have Ryan work more overtime!)... :Devil:

Just a couple points:

1) Before the 777, all of my PMDG products were boxed copies. I never had a problem (but then, I didn't post any questions), but I do hope those who don't have verified orders at the website aren't confronted as pirates automatically.

2) While some might advocate for closed forums instead, I have to say I very much appreciate the open nature of the forums here. It allows buyers to check out opinions on the product, issues they'll run into, and keep up with things like livery availability. Heck, reading about the 777 on these forums was a large part of the reason I didn't wait for the boxed release this time around.

But with all that said, this is a rule I have respected all along and understand.

I understand that rules are rules, I  have obeyed  them. But some posters who are very frequent on here, seem to breeze through without being challenged.

One in particular has made quite a few posts in the last 24 hours and RSR had made a post just below the offender, so he may not have noticed, as the offender is a frequent poster.

Just a first name does not cut it.

Rules are fine, but the policing of them must be consistent.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

There might be more compliance if the rule were ENFORCED more often?

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

"Proud Woodpigeon Supporter" haha love it.

Also, I think it is enforced more than you think, you just can't tell because posts are deleted, people aren't reprimanded to add it followed by deletion if they don't comply. Also, PMDG staff have better things to do than prowl the forums for people who don't add their name to their posts. That's why (IIRC) they said they will be "appointing" new people to be moderators on this forum to make sure rules, like that, are being followed. That was in one of their posts a while back in June I want to say.

(...)

(...)

What should PMDG do about a RW pilot, who doesn't want his posts to be connected to his employment with a certain airline?

Even the PMDG credits mention a 'Captain X' - most certainly not this person's full real name!!!

Guess, there's no rule without exceptions ...

What should PMDG do about a RW pilot, who doesn't want his posts to be connected to his employment with a certain airline?

Even the PMDG credits mention a 'Captain X' - most certainly not this person's full real name!!!

Guess, there's no rule without exceptions ...

Suppose that is the point I am making. If you have rules in place, it must be without exception, and RSR did state that. So we will see :) I cannot believe I used the word "offender" :blush:  Watching too much CSI New York :lol:

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

See how this pans out since this is the second time  Robert has put out this warning  about  signing your names B)

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Suppose that is the point I am making. If you have rules in place, it must be without exception, and RSR did state that. So we will see :) I cannot believe I used the word "offender" :blush:  Watching too much CSI New York :lol:

LOL, RSR even quoted one of my posts, back in the days when only my first name was in my signature ("Boris" :lol:).

And CSI became too boring for me, after release of the PMDG Airbus. Now, why did I install SP1 at all???   :P

I understand that rules are rules, I  have obeyed  them. But some posters who are very frequent on here, seem to breeze through without being challenged.

One in particular has made quite a few posts in the last 24 hours and RSR had made a post just below the offender, so he may not have noticed, as the offender is a frequent poster.

Rules are fine, but the policing of them must be consistent.

Since December 2008 when I joined the Avsim forums, my signature has shown only my first name.  No-one has ever pulled me up on that, so I saw no need to do otherwise though I am anything but a rule breaker - neither by nature nor for the sake of it (plus I'm not a very frequent poster anyway).  But since it is Robert himself who saw the need to re-emphasise this long-standing rule and I have a great deal of respect for him even if I've never met him in person, I have now added my surname to my signature.  Note that a very well-known New Zealand model shares it with me B) .

One good thing that could come out of this is : if posts that do not abide by the signature rule are removed as a matter of course from now on, those tiresome self-appointed forum signature rule police will need to go somewhere else to ply their trade otherwise they'd get bored :clapping: !  Perhaps they can try the third-world country run by and for the benefit of that dictator with the funny suit and bad haircut alluded to by Robert... :drinks:

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I'm pleased to note that the offenders' posts have  been removed - despite their protestations that the rules don't to apply to them.

I'd also suggest that there should be no exceptions to the rules. PMDG's time is better spent in developing aircraft than in wasting its time on those who think they are a special case.

I'm pleased to note that the offenders' posts have  been removed - despite their protestations that the rules don't to apply to them.

I'd also suggest that there should be no exceptions to the rules. PMDG's time is better spent in developing aircraft than in wasting its time on those who think they are a special case.

Post #81 http://forum.avsim.net/topic/446943-handling-dynamics-with-redesigned-fbw-sytems/page-6

Is an example