Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Blunt Warning: Sign Your Posts- Or...

Totally agree with this rule :) Specially when it comes to piracy. Not only does it hurts developers like PMDG but it also hurts our hobby because developers are discouraged to put effort into their products if they realize that eventually everyone is going to have it without paying.

But I see significant development in piracy protection in latest aviation softwares.

and keeping in view the sales of PMDG's 737 and 777 , it will encourage more developers to jump onto aviation simulation.

Coming from experience with having about a billion order numbers with orbx, I find that system to be VERY annoying.

Additionally, it sidesteps the cordial nature of seeing people's actual names.

Cordial nature?    I don't see any cordial nature in the original post...  just condenscending sarcasm and arrogance.  Sorry for being honest, I know it doesn't always get well received.

I have no issue with the signature thing, but just don't appreciate the 'blanket all' bad attitude shown in the OP.  It smacks of "I'm so busy in this business, I've forgotten that these irritating people have paid $90 for our product, and make our business successful".

Clearly, nagging people to add a signature doesn't work well.    Have you tried looking at the IPB software to see if technology can be used to force a signature in this forum? 

PS.... You won't find an order under my name - I'm not old enough for a CC yet :wink:  If that's a problem and you need my step dad's name on this post, just let me know.........

I have no issue with the signature thing, but just don't appreciate the 'blanket all' bad attitude shown in the OP. 

I think OP only warned those who have not been following rules. Nowhere did he mentions that ALL people on this forum are bad. PMDG has not only only made it clear in their first post on the forum but also have reminded users time and time again , and time and time again.. and time and time again to follow this rule. 

I see nothing Robert Randazzo (the OP?) stating:

For the entirety of the time in which PMDG has hosted our forums at AVSim, we have required users to sign their posts.

and following that up with humorous examples and concluding:

Sign your posts in this forum, or we will remove the posts without comment or question.

If you are a multiple violator, we will take steps against your user account up to and including banning.

It isn't hard...  In the airline business we call this "Comply or Die."

I must have missed his words about condenscending sarcasm and arrogance and his 'blanket all' bad attitude

Cordial nature?    I don't see any cordial nature in the original post...  just condenscending sarcasm and arrogance.  Sorry for being honest, I know it doesn't always get well received...

i fully agree with that....but thats just how they roll...we are mere pessants...and the products we buy from pmdg....so say...doesnt effect there bottom line profits...only flight schools for airline pilots...ect ect...simmers are nothing....well i think there must be alot of schools if thats true...i dont know.

I think its somthing to with piracy that the topic even reaappeared...but theres no need to talk to paying customrts like that. I found it to be extreamly rude coming from the person who is the face of the company.

"we are good at what we do....and we dam well know it.."

Signed

Luke hill.

Luke Pype

But what if you're Batman?  :ph34r:

He  still has fo sign - no exceptions.

But what if you're Batman?  :ph34r:

I'm sorry Mr. Wayne also has to abide by the rule. :D

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

I've never seen Robert S. Randazzo and Batman in the same room at the same time!   :lol:

Nice try, though, Bogdan.   B)

Who knows, maybe RR fights aviation-crime at night...kicking the a#### of those kids with laserpointers...  :ph34r:

Cordial nature?    I don't see any cordial nature in the original post...  just condenscending sarcasm and arrogance.  Sorry for being honest, I know it doesn't always get well received.

I knew someone would try to drag that into my earlier post.  Debated going back to edit it.  Decided it wasn't worth it.

Interestingly, you finished with "orry for being honest, I know it doesn't always get well received."  Was my original post not honest?  It was very honest, and it was very straightforward.  Wherever you go, there are rules.  It would be prudent to look for and read those rules.  A little chiding for ignoring the pinned thread that is repeated in every subforum (with the exception of the 777 forum for some reason) explaining why this is a rule isn't completely unreasonable.

The sarcasm extends to my own mother.  It's not like I'm targeting people to be mean.  Heck, I even do it to myself.

Just the other day, I was getting breakfast in Potbelly (not knowing what they had to offer other than the door saying "breakfast").  I walked up to the counter and asked what they had, the lady listed everything, and then made note of the sign behind her.

After which, I replied:

"Oh...everything's up on that giant, bright yellow sign behind you that I somehow missed like an idiot...haha - sorry!"

So, was I exhibiting arrogance and condescension towards myself?

Kyle Rodgers

I don't see anything wrong with the original post. It was straight to the point with a little humour and should be taken that way.

But then again, this would not be the PMDG forum if there wasn't somebody making a big thing about something. Funny as I don't really see it on other forums, maybe it's the average age. Being a mere 40 odd years and not trying to sound like a grumpy old man but forums used to be a nice place to hang out. I don't know if it the fact that with the release of the NGX, FSX seemed to gain a new lease of life, with that a lot of younger people, or maybe it is something about the PMDG forum.

The original post was just a reminder that the rules of the forum states, you have to sign your post and if you don't you risk your post deleted. Here we are with post 60 still arguing the fact. Maybe the people who continuously give up their free time to post answers to peoples questions, should just ignore people who can't be bother to follow a simple rule.

I would like to see how many people would complain if PMDG decided to delete the forum and just go to ticket support, then have to wait longer for support and new products being released.

LOL, RSR even quoted one of my posts, back in the days when only my first name was in my signature ("Boris" ).

Was that where the planned 777-200BB version came into play Ollie?  I remember someone here posting a top secret shot of it in action :lol:

Chris Sunseri

I hate to belabor the point, but, rather than having a hard-coded signature, is it okay if you just sign all your posts with your full name?

John Francis

Can't see why not John. as long as you put your name. It's just easier to have it automatically sign, rather then having to keep type in your name. Less chance of you forgetting as well the getting you post removed.

I can see if you want to do this and then not sign in other forums where they do not worry.