Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Blunt Warning: Sign Your Posts- Or...

It just becomes a channel for individual to remove the frustration and thats all. A very classic example which i have seen is appraisals at work place.We can debate endlessly of how i deserved to be given a raise or a promotion..But since the decisions have already been made and there is no possibility of change in outcome there is no point of it.Bosses use this debate as a way to get the frustation out of the employees. Most of the time it works because it channels that energy out of the mind.The minority decide to find a better opportunity.

Unless you debate it you'll never know if they're going to change it

Yes..but if it involves all the stakeholders..

Because I am a customer. I paid for PMDG's products and part of what I paid for is customer support. I am not buying the $10 cheap add-on but a premium add-on that should come with premium support.

Where does it states anywhere you are entitled to any customer support in these forums - and ceratinly not you your terms?

I don't think it is right that PMDG's "Official" user-to-user support forum should require that all members disclose their full names.

What you think is right is irrelevant - these are PMDG's  forums and it can run them how it uses.

Having seen the exact opposite of your appraisal scenario, from both the employee and the management side I can assure you that that is not always the case.

What you are saying is that there should be no debate we should all just do as we're told.   

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

Big Brother is watching you!!

I can just see the news "Criminal in hiding for years, found after being forced to sign his name on the PMDG support forum."

It just becomes a channel for individual to remove the frustration and thats all. A very classic example which i have seen is appraisals at work place.We can debate endlessly of how i deserved to be given a raise or a promotion..But since the decisions have already been made and there is no possibility of change in outcome there is no point of it.Bosses use this debate as a way to get the frustation out of the employees. Most of the time it works because it channels that energy out of the mind.The minority decide to find a better opportunity.

Yes..but if it involves all the stakeholders..

All what stakeholders?..The debate is should we have to put our name on the bottom of a forum post this isn't the incorporation of a major conglomerate.

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

Having seen the exact opposite of your appraisal scenario, from both the employee and the management side I can assure you that that is not always the case.

What you are saying is that there should be no debate we should all just do as we're told.   

In today's scenario where company had made a decision its either you do as you are told or leave..I can debate a whole lot of how coming to workplace in high traffic in california decreases my productivity and work life balance.But if my work place has a rule to be at work by 8:00 am sharp I either behave or find another job.I have seen people being fired because they reached at 8:05..so whats the point of a debate here. Debate is when the company is open minded and talking to employees to understand and are ready to change this policy.But if not then its do as they say or leave.

Big Brother is watching you!!

I can just see the news "Criminal in hiding for years, found after being forced to sign his name on the PMDG support forum."

LOLLL...I just love the humor some of you guys throw in here...

All what stakeholders?..The debate is should we have to put our name on the bottom of a forum post this isn't the incorporation of a major conglomerate.

Yes ..Where is PMDG involved in the debate? Where are they asking us all whether this is right or wrong.They have a rule and they have stated that clearly. Not once but many times before.So whats point in a debate which is going on for years

Sent your a PM Brian..

Yes ..Where is PMDG involved in the debate? Where are they asking us all whether this is right or wrong.They have a rule and they have stated that clearly. Not once but many times before.So whats point in a debate which is going on for years

Do they not read this forum then? if not then why are we here?

Sent your a PM Brian..

I'm just debating whether I should reply or not  :P

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

Hahah..i dont think there is anything wrong in here..people are debating with a cool mind..so ak sure Rob doesnt mind..

Hahah..i dont think there is anything wrong in here..people are debating with a cool mind..so ak sure Rob doesnt mind..

Pankaj...we agree  :lol:  on that cheery note I'll leave this friendly debate and go catch up on my beauty sleep.

Good night all

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

I have no issue with this policy, however, the fears shown here give me the idea that order numbers should be added to signatures. It was pointed out that AVSIM does not have software for that, but if we are told not to respond if no order number is provided then it should work.

PMDG has had this policy for a long time and if people cannot deal with it then they are always welcome to submit support tickets where only PMDG can see names.

I would also point out folks that PMDG's "official" support system is their ticket system. And I can assure you that you will have to provide more than your name to use that. These forums are not a right that you have that provides you unfettered access to, customer or other wise; read our Terms of Use if you haven't already. PMDG (and AVSIM for that matter) can deny you access to these forums if you break their rules or ours. It is pretty simple. If you believe that PMDG does owe you support, then that can be found in their official ticket system. Nobody owes you a thing here.

Haha..Thats such an awesome reply Tom..couldn't have said better..but works better when you are on the other side of the table

I would also point out folks that PMDG's "official" support system is their ticket system. And I can assure you that you will have to provide more than your name to use that. These forums are not a right that you have that provides you unfettered access to, customer or other wise; read our Terms of Use if you haven't already. PMDG (and AVSIM for that matter) can deny you access to these forums if you break their rules or ours. It is pretty simple. If you believe that PMDG does owe you support, then that can be found in their official ticket system. Nobody owes you a thing here.

Yes but what about AVSIM's privacy policy. Seems to lead me to believe I have some right to privacy and not being required to provide information the I feel is identifiable information.

Your privacy is important to us. However, much of the protection of your privacy is provided by you. If you post information in the forums or Private Messages to others, or in any number of other locations on AVSIM that robots and spammers can access, then there is not much we can do to protect you. Posting your email address or personal, identifiable informaton is not something we can correct for you quickly enough to prevent "bots" from grabbing it. Practice safe Interneting; don't post personal or identifiable information here or anywhere else for that matter.

From PMDG's site:

PMDG provides several support systems as outlined below:

PRODUCT SUPPORT

Product Support is a ticket-based support process and knowledge base offering our customers the ability to trouble-shoot product installation and allows our support staff the ability to provide help in a short amount of time.

You can access the system here.

On 25FEB10 PMDG discontinued email based support and all further support inquiries should be made through the new Support Portal.

Current PMDG Support Status: Normal

Current PMDG Operations Status: Normal

CUSTOMER SUPPORT FORUM

The PMDG Customer Support Forum is hosted by the Avsim.com Forum System. If you would like to post a question, you will have to register here. For guests, the forum is read-only.

You can access the forum here.

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/support.html

Again leads me to believe this is one method of support. Maybe for something I do not consider ticket worthy. But the words "PMDG provides several support systems" seems to indicate they have multiple methods up to the customer as to which they want to take advantage of.

You are right. This is your forum and you can makeup any rule you want. I would encourage you to reconsider based on the policy AVSIM established for protecting the rights or their readers. Ultimately your decision. I have spent enough of my time on this issue.

BTW. How do I stop the e-mail alerts for every time someone quotes me. I really don't need to be notified...

v/r

-Ken

Debate the rules all you want. The one that makes the rules always wins.

BTW. How do I stop the e-mail alerts for every time someone quotes me. I really don't need to be notified...

v/r

-Ken

Under settings, notifications

Richie Walsh