Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Blunt Warning: Sign Your Posts- Or...

Cordial nature?    I don't see any cordial nature in the original post...  just condenscending sarcasm and arrogance.  Sorry for being honest, I know it doesn't always get well received...

i fully agree with that....but thats just how they roll...we are mere pessants...and the products we buy from pmdg....so say...doesnt effect there bottom line profits...only flight schools for airline pilots...ect ect...simmers are nothing....well i think there must be alot of schools if thats true...i dont know.

I think its somthing to with piracy that the topic even reaappeared...but theres no need to talk to paying customrts like that. I found it to be extreamly rude coming from the person who is the face of the company.

"we are good at what we do....and we dam well know it.."

Signed

Luke hill.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

But what if you're Batman?  :ph34r:

He  still has fo sign - no exceptions.

I've never seen Robert S. Randazzo and Batman in the same room at the same time!   :lol:

Nice try, though, Bogdan.   B)

I'm sorry Mr. Wayne also has to abide by the rule. :D

I've never seen Robert S. Randazzo and Batman in the same room at the same time!   :lol:

Nice try, though, Bogdan.   B)

Who knows, maybe RR fights aviation-crime at night...kicking the a#### of those kids with laserpointers...  :ph34r:

Cordial nature?    I don't see any cordial nature in the original post...  just condenscending sarcasm and arrogance.  Sorry for being honest, I know it doesn't always get well received.

I knew someone would try to drag that into my earlier post.  Debated going back to edit it.  Decided it wasn't worth it.

Interestingly, you finished with "orry for being honest, I know it doesn't always get well received."  Was my original post not honest?  It was very honest, and it was very straightforward.  Wherever you go, there are rules.  It would be prudent to look for and read those rules.  A little chiding for ignoring the pinned thread that is repeated in every subforum (with the exception of the 777 forum for some reason) explaining why this is a rule isn't completely unreasonable.

The sarcasm extends to my own mother.  It's not like I'm targeting people to be mean.  Heck, I even do it to myself.

Just the other day, I was getting breakfast in Potbelly (not knowing what they had to offer other than the door saying "breakfast").  I walked up to the counter and asked what they had, the lady listed everything, and then made note of the sign behind her.

After which, I replied:

"Oh...everything's up on that giant, bright yellow sign behind you that I somehow missed like an idiot...haha - sorry!"

So, was I exhibiting arrogance and condescension towards myself?

I don't see anything wrong with the original post. It was straight to the point with a little humour and should be taken that way.

But then again, this would not be the PMDG forum if there wasn't somebody making a big thing about something. Funny as I don't really see it on other forums, maybe it's the average age. Being a mere 40 odd years and not trying to sound like a grumpy old man but forums used to be a nice place to hang out. I don't know if it the fact that with the release of the NGX, FSX seemed to gain a new lease of life, with that a lot of younger people, or maybe it is something about the PMDG forum.

The original post was just a reminder that the rules of the forum states, you have to sign your post and if you don't you risk your post deleted. Here we are with post 60 still arguing the fact. Maybe the people who continuously give up their free time to post answers to peoples questions, should just ignore people who can't be bother to follow a simple rule.

I would like to see how many people would complain if PMDG decided to delete the forum and just go to ticket support, then have to wait longer for support and new products being released.

LOL, RSR even quoted one of my posts, back in the days when only my first name was in my signature ("Boris" ).

Was that where the planned 777-200BB version came into play Ollie?  I remember someone here posting a top secret shot of it in action :lol:

I hate to belabor the point, but, rather than having a hard-coded signature, is it okay if you just sign all your posts with your full name?

Can't see why not John. as long as you put your name. It's just easier to have it automatically sign, rather then having to keep type in your name. Less chance of you forgetting as well the getting you post removed.

I can see if you want to do this and then not sign in other forums where they do not worry.

I'm pleased to note that the offenders' posts have  been removed - despite their protestations that the rules don't to apply to them.

Two more to go.....or maybe they are famous football players that have signed attendance agreements with Robert? :smile:

Yep we will see how long they hold out,  havnt seen any of  their post being deleted  yet :P

Yep we will see how long they hold out, havnt seen any of their post being deleted yet

New enforcement same as the old enforcement.

Maybe Tom could create an additional button at the bottom similar to the troll/spam for posters with a 1000+ posts.  The button would read "NO SIGNATURE" and send the post straight to RSR for deletion :lol:

Why are we constantly being warned? If people don't listen then they should be blocked until they fix the issue. No warning needed. PMDG has its hands full right now. Last thing they want to do is go on the forum and start deleting posts.

Just as a point of order, posts are never "deleted." They are merely "hidden" so they cannot be seen. One never knows when it might become necessary to make reference to them at some future time... ^_^

Bill Leaming

How can we be sure that RSR's full real name actually is Robert S. Randazzo?   :lol:

And what about the 'full' with the 'S.' between 'Robert' and 'Randazzo'???   :P

How can we be sure that RSR's full real name actually is Robert S. Randazzo? :lol:

And what about the 'full' with the 'S.' between 'Robert' and 'Randazzo'??? :P

"Salvatore"

Too bad. I don't think I have ever posted on PMDG's forum before today but when I go to their site, this is THE official user-to-user support. I know the license agreement was lengthy and I admit not reading it in entirety, but I don't seem to recall any point that stated I must publicly disclose my full first and last name to request support.

AVSIM has my full contact information. Personally if Rob or any other agent of PMDG needs that information I doubt they would have any problem getting that from Tom.

As for people being nasty, some people are just that way. That is why you have moderators. Warn them, ban them ect. Nasty people will do nasty things regardless including providing false information when signing their posts.

Thank you,

v/r

Ken (I choose to withhold my last name for personnel reasons.)

Ken. (I choose to withhold my last name for personnel reasons.)

What personnel (sic) reasons?