Sign in to follow this  
Byrna

KBOS is now dated

Guest tcable

George Grimshaw's KBOS (Logan) is now officially dated. Delta Airlines opened their new Terminal A today, moving from Terminal C.http://www.boston.com/business/articles/20..._at_terminal_a/JetBlue is expected to move their operations from Terminal D to the open gates in C, with a long term plan to take over 11 gates. I would expect most ailines (all of JetBlue and AirTran) to move out of D. Calling D a terminal is generous.... It's more of a connector between C and E, the international terminal.

I wouldn't call the FS version of KBOS dated just because a new terminal is active and airlines have moved around. This happens all the time look at the changes at KDFW. :-roll The author of this airport has put allot of time into this project and I hope it holds up well into the next version of Flight Simulator. Updates can always be released to address changes occurring around the real airport...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest ponyboy

The airport is not dated... it is now a "classic". ;)

Guest tcable

It's not a nitpick nor is it a criticisim. It's one of the best sceneries out there- free or payware.Simply a statement of fact in this case, and the first major change to Logan in 30 years. Compare it to the opeining of the McNamara terminal at DTW...George represents the terminal under construction in his scenery, it's simply complete now and open.I'd love to see an upgrade to the scenery to reflect reality.Whn Heathrow opents T5, how many will be screaming for an update?Tim

We'll be waiting for your updated AFCAD2!Thanks...Best,sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Sounds like the Avsim overeact in progress. I dont think the guy was putting the scenery down. Just making a fact known. Some people need to calm down. Take your head out of the computer and interact with people and see that pointing out something isnt always putting it down.

Based on what I read in the first post and from the tag line, I disagree Andrew. It coud have been worded many different ways to convey that the real airport has been updated and he would like to see the scenery to reflect this, not basically saying the scenery version is "dated" which just doesn't sound nice at all and slightly on the rude side.I have it installed and it would be nice to see it reflect the changes, but an email (nice one) to George would have been my first step instead of this post as he really isn't onbligated to any changes.Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest LLgaz

>>>>Whn Heathrow opents T5, how many will be screaming for an update?<<<<

I have never seen the developer of such files ever reply to these and say how rude this post is. Yet so many get on and answer for the developer. The written word cannot always relay the exact emotion an author intends. Thats why I dont think people should overreact on someone else's behalf. Everybody should relax and just enjoy. This type of arguing gets us nowhere. Anyway the file is great so fly to KBOS and enjoy the scenery.

Guest Agamemnon

WellMr Grimshaw gave us a super KBOS got hired by FlyTampa and now does payware.I doubt he`s gonna give anything away for free but you could go over to the FlyTampa forum and ask.Troy

>It's not a nitpick nor is it a criticisim. It's one of the>best sceneries out there- free or payware.>>Simply a statement of fact in this case, and the first major>change to Logan in 30 years. Compare it to the opeining of the>McNamara terminal at DTW...>>George represents the terminal under construction in his>scenery, it's simply complete now and open.>>I'd love to see an upgrade to the scenery to reflect reality.>>Whn Heathrow opents T5, how many will be screaming for an>update?>>TimFair enough. Just read it the wrong way. Sorry! :-)http://online.vatsimindicators.net/916312/3.png

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest av84fun

<>That's ridiculous. The chap was just posting a news item and went to the trouble to provide a link.Your post was much more a "flame" than his....IMHO.Jim

Guest EA_Whore

I already replied to a private email from Tim.An all new version of Boston is 'maybe' on my todo list. Dev on Boston will not start for at least 6months & will be a complete redesign from the ground up(including the new Term-A).However, I guess he wants it NOW. Delete it if it disgusts you so much. I don't have time for scenery right now. I'm tied to this desk making silly Playstation3 games for whining brats.george grimshaw