Sign in to follow this  
michael179

Yoke Suddenly Banks Left Completely

Hi all,

After flying around with the 777-300, 777-200, and SP1 for a few days now, I am noticing that while I am still manually controlling the plane, if my physical controls are all in the neutral position (Saitek Pro Flight Yoke + Pro flight rudder pedals), the yoke in FSX will suddenly turn left completely. This causes the left aileron to come up and right aileron to go down, turning my plane to the left until i move my physical controls to set them aligned again.

I don't use FSUIPC for controls, I just have it installed so that other software can connect into FSX.

The only addons I have are Active Sky Next, and I occasionally run UT2, though I just installed that and I had this issue without UT2 installed as well.

Please let me know how I can fix this issue or if you're experiencing the same thing.

Thanks!

Michael Shamash

Michael Shamash

FlightSim Solutions GP

I am seeing that this issue only occurs when i have my yoke/thr. quad. plugged in, even though I'm not touching it, it'll bank left on the controls... Ghost signals from controller?

Michael Shamash

Michael Shamash

FlightSim Solutions GP

You've almost certainly got more than one axis assigned to the ailerons.  If the spurious controller is full in one direction, occasionally it will send a signal to do the banking you're describing, and a slight movement of the yoke will correct it.  Look in your controls for more than one axis controlling the ailerons.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Thanks, Hook, this fixed the issue. It looks like my left/right toe on rudder pedals were assigned to the ailerons some how and changing that fixed the issue!

Michael Shamash

Michael Shamash

FlightSim Solutions GP

This is the curse of the USB connection to our Sim... You needm to go to the controls of all USB devices connect and delete assignments... I have had this issue and it simply sucks. My Saitek throttle would have assignment to Aileron and what not...   Yes it just pops up all of a sudden. 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter