Sign in to follow this  
businessflyer

Flightzone02 Portland Patch For Terrain Issue At Ksea

Hello Flightsimmers,

two days ago I decided to purchase the two wonderful Flightzone sceneries Portland and Rhode Islands. After the installation I noticed that my default SeaTac Airport is now on a plateau. A search on AVSIM showed me that this is a well known issue that could be fixed with a patch (http://forum.avsim.net/275905-flightzone-portland-mesh-patch  )

Unfortunately this patch seems to be no more longer avaiable on the net, every downloadlink I found was dead.

Has anybody this patch available and can send it to me?

Thanks in advance for your help and best regards from Germany

Timo

Welcome Timo.

I was sent the 'patch' by a member no longer active here.  It proved to be a particularly nasty trojan.

Therefore be very careful of any patch you may come across.  I would certainly install it into a sandbox first and make sure all your protection is up-to-date and running ... just to be sure.

Best of luck.

There was a patch for PDX with UT... I am not aware of a specific patch for KSEA.

DJ

Hi guys,

Thanks for your response and thanks for the warning.

According to the linked discussion on AVSIM there the mentioned patch consisted on two additional bgl-files especially for use with Flytampa Seattle ( but worked with the default airport too) and was available via the meanwhile closed Flightscenery-Website. Another fix by disabling some bgl-files in the portland scenery was only for non UT-Users...

Hope someone has this Patch because with such an issue I don't want to use this beautiful scenery...

Regards and always happy landings

Timo

Hi Bill,

PM sent ( although I hope so, its the first time that I try to send a PM).

Thanks and regards

Timo

For everyone's information, I got the patch from our old friend Opa Marshall. He has since been deceased. Over the last couple of years I have had numerous requests for this patch. It used to be in the Avsim Library. It disappeared for some reason or other. Yesterday, I uploaded the files to the library and should soon be available for download. I highly suggest you save this file in a safe place for the inevitable re-install.