Sign in to follow this  
copilot767

Tripple Monitor - Blurry Textures

Hello, maybe someone can help/answer me :)

In FSX - having GPU TITAN with 3 monitors setup and Nvidia Sorround PhysX.

The little problem is :

Always my left monitor and right when airborne show a bit more terrain blurry textures than my middle monitor, NEVER a problem when holding at an airport on the ground.

When turning view in cockpit with Trackir looking at the sun, the sun is much bigger when looking at left and right , but middle monitor a showing a smalller sun.

2 DVI and 1 HDMI.

Can I have a wrong setup ?

Chris from Denmark

I also have 3 monitors in nvidia surround, the left and right are never as Clear as the middle monitor, they have the "stretching effec".  I have learned to live with it as not aware of a fix.

Sorry cant help more 

Steve

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

Hello, maybe someone can help/answer me :)

In FSX - having GPU TITAN with 3 monitors setup and Nvidia Sorround PhysX.

The little problem is :

Always my left monitor and right when airborne show a bit more terrain blurry textures than my middle monitor, NEVER a problem when holding at an airport on the ground.

When turning view in cockpit with Trackir looking at the sun, the sun is much bigger when looking at left and right , but middle monitor a showing a smalller sun.

2 DVI and 1 HDMI.

Can I have a wrong setup ?

Chris from Denmark

I always thought Surround worked best with at least one monitor hooked up via DisplayPort

I can confirm what Steve says.  The left and right monitors will have a lot of distortion, and be a bit blurrier even if set up correctly.  Objects also appear closer as you move away from the center monitor, making objects farther away from the aircraft (having a lower level of detail) appear much closer.  Much of the blurry appearance is due to the lower level of detail.  I do not believe that there is a fix for this problem.

A couple of months ago, I sold the three 27" monitors I was using, and replaced them with a single 42" 1080p HD TV.  I'm much happier with that setup.  I fly a lot of GA aircraft, and having essentially full size panels is impressive.  I also get better performance due to the smaller image resolution (1920x1080 vs. 6020x1080 bezel corrected).  Eventually, I would like to add a second PC running another 42" TV set up for displaying a left side view.

If your primary focus when flying is on your center monitor, and you let your left and right monitors provide a wider peripheral view rather than directly viewing them, then you can certainly adjust to the three monitor setup and enjoy the results.

Good luck with your setup and happy flying!

Gerald

Thank you all for sharing your experiences:-)

Im only fly the Airbus Exended from Aerosoft- and love my 3 screens for full widescreen..

Just wanted to hear about it was possible to eliminate the blurries at the side monitors and understand it isnt...

Crj builder: Can you recommend to use af big flat screen tv instead?

copilot,

I am extremely happy with my switch to a large tv.  I purchased a Sceptre 60Hz 42" 1080p TV at TigerDirect for $279 (US).  If you are only going to use the TV with a computer, then go with a 60Hz TV.  I don't think that I would go any larger than 42", or pixilation might be a problem (unless you sit farther away from the TV).  I'm using HDMI to connect to the TV (this TV has 3 HDMI inputs and 1 VGA input).

If you need to use the TV as a computer monitor for other tasks, then I would not recommend a TV.  However, for gaming (I have my Xbox 360 attached to the TV) or a Flight Simulator (FSX, X-Plane, etc.) it works well.

Gerald

Are all your monitors the same brand and model?  I have four TVs, each are different brands.  Each one looks a little different, playing around with the TV settings I got them pretty close.  I can accept the slight difference in appearance as a trade off for the immersion.