Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Just Bought Fsx Fiber..and Man, Does It Work!

Tried the DEMO at KSFO  ORBX  Northern California..

Set to the Middle (30FPS)

FSX is set already to be capped via Precision X to 30

----------------------------------------

Here are the results on my high-end machine.  IT WORKS as advertised!

Without FIBER running at start-up at the gate. 13FPS on the average (I have changed NOTHING in my FSX set-up)

With FIBER running at the same gate, not even have moved, for apples to apples: 18-20!!!

I'll make this short and sweet. I progressed to take off...did a tour around ORBX's San Fran Bay Area....and with a lower target set to MIDDLE 30,  I pretty much kept between 22-30. Now...without FIBER running, there are places that I would have dropped to 10-13...but DID NOT (add at least 3-4 FPS to the latter)...and the visuals did not change to my mind's eye enough to distract me, or take away from my immersion level.

Not only that...but this is the 'explosive part'....where I would have some chunk...and stutter at that very low 10-13 FPS...THERE WAS NO CHUNKING OR STUTTERING GOING ON!   Folks...this product works...and I can only hope that the tech behind it migrates to P3D!!!!

The installation was fast and quick..and the un-locking went without a hitch. This is a most-recommended Keeper Program.  Con'grats to the developers.  Your product works totally as you advertise it to...

Happy Camper signing off....

Great to hear.  I also found that it worked, BUT....it introduces the blurries in high demand areas like you are referencing.  So much so as to take away from the visuals that it is no longer fun to fly in the area.

So I have shelved it.  And perhaps it is my older lower end computer that makes it so.

Which reminds me where is the profile info, ie PC Specs etc.?  Is it just my webpage or has the system not been fully restored?

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Which reminds me where is the profile info, ie PC Specs etc.? Is it just my webpage or has the system not been fully restored?

That's a good question, no it's not just your web page.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Flying anywhere with fps < 20 in my books is unacceptable..

I would suggest adjusting your hardware and FSX load so you can maintain 30 fps, with possibly occasionally dropping into the 20s...

That way, you can ensure smooth flight and do not need this tool  ^_^

Bert

Eek I hit 12 in FSX the other day....

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Bert,this program lets my settings remain high, but will let the him run chunk free as low as 8fps

I am on my phone right now but will post a much more detailed experience in a few hours. This program works totally as advertised, and I have had no defocus or blurred graphics via its use in scenery scenarios from hell ...

Yet another "magic tool" for FSX?

I don´t believe it, instead use common sense, balanced settings and a good guide for your PC and FSX.

Have you consider changing to Prepar3D 2.2? Buying another magic software which would make your FSX die a little later is getting yourself more into the situation, where you invest too much $$$ into it and you don't want to change because of all this money spent.

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

This is an incredible program. I am using it, after having fully read the manual that comes with it. (From the top Fiber thread..it is obvious to me, that many DEMO users NEVER read the manual fully on how to use this program...how to monitor it in window mode..how to fly at your WORST scenario aiport/situation, and slowly adjust the lower and upper frame rates...then see in live action what your adjustment to FSX Fiber are achieving.

This program is incredible!  I have silky smooth animation at Orbx Squamish, at even an FPS reading of 8 FPS!  You can't even tell what elements are in play in the background that FSX Fiber is adjusting, in real time, on the fly. I am watching the Fiber graphs...and slowly tuning to the absolute BEST graphic and FPS performance at my worst airport, as they instruct you to. The rest of them, shall be a set-and-forget for Fiber..and it will do it's thing silently in the background.  

FANTASTIC!    True, actual LIVE and DYNAMIC micro-adjustments of the entire graphics engine demand and output, AS I FLY....

I feel so sorry for those that gave this a hum-ho cursory glance...or did not READ how to fine tune the accelerator to the specific hardware requirements.  You don't just buy this program...run it...and expect that it will 'solve' all your FPS/Performance issues and/or expectations out of the 'box'. No...you have to WORK WITH IT...for that is how is was designed. THEN...you will reap the rewards from this fabulous and 'out-of-the-box' approach to FINALLY get the most out of the FSX engine.  I am nearly at the end of my tuning performance segment...and then can leave it as it is...and know that from the worst...to the best/easiest-to-render scenery....it will be a piece of cake from here on in.   I am getting (with this program in play....freakin'....smooth-jerk-free animation right down to the bottom-of-the-dregs 8-12 FPS....  Squamish...is now totally usable and flyable...and most importantly....now enjoyable.  

For those that pass by this 'sleeper gem' only because you don't know how to use it...or it intimidates you, or you gave it the ten-second 'nah...it does nothing for me' test.........wow....are you shooting yourself horribly in the foot....  This is the program besides Steve's DX10 Fixer, we have all been waiting for to FINALLY get smoothness and usage from loading up the FSX graphics engine, with custom scenery, it never thought it would see....

I state unequivocally...this fabulous program is genuine, it works as specifed, and WILL give you unbelievable SMOOTHNESS, if you read the manual...and take the time for your initial FPS vs visual output settings, as you fly in your most demanding scenery that you own.

For those that pass this by, with a ho-hum....I do feel so sorry for you.  I do........   It works...but only if you take the time to understand what it does...HOW it does it...and HOW you need to spend the time to set it up.

Ok..back to my initial couple of days...flying here and there over ORBX...to finally arrive at my Lower and Higher 'prime vs performance' FPS targets within FSX Fiber.

Back to the flight...a SMOOTH overfly of ORBX Squamish at my totally normal 'insane' graphic settings...and oh.....smooth as silk...no stutter OR CHUNK at as low as 8 FPS!  Simply...unbelievable. Worth every penny to purchase.  With the program not in play in the background changing the invisible elements on the fly....Squamish starts going south...at even 15-18 FPS.  With it in play (I am in flight there right now on pause...)  I now could not care less WHAT FPS reading is in play...for Squamish is animation-smooth!

Ses

Post Edit: To the Developers...thank you for bringing this to market!  It is JUST what I have been looking for...and needing to have...but didn't have a clue until now...how much I did need a program that does what yours does...Dynamic element switching on the fly.   H.S....but does this work as you maintain!  A great product...and I hope that you keep developing FSX Fiber...and push all those barriers ...right -out-of-the-way...  :lol:

Post Edit 2:  Just paused to say to any Developer reading this thread...that my FSX now...is totally NUTS!  I am getting smooth flight amination as I fly all over the ORBX Squamish town, and all of the areas that were performance KILLERS!  What is my in-sim FPS reading....are you ready for this?.........only 9.6 FPS...but you'd think I was getting a heaping helping of FPS at 30 plus!   Again...this is totally insane....and you have made my day!   Back to a usable and now enjoyable   Squamish!  ASN has Squamish totally blocked in with thick, heavy cloud, raining, and mist. This has to be the most demanding, and worse scenario that is happening right now...for poor FSX at full open throttle to handle...but at a gross-FPS low of under 10 FPS....now..no problem...smoooooooth.....

Post Edit 3:  "It is amazing to watch my SET Target of 30 FPS, go instantly to UNLIMITED...and then back again, wherever FSX Fiber decides which mode will max out the graphic performance on demand.   Wow...how in the world, did they figure this out...no more pre-set static .cfg and in-sim settings. Nope.  This program changes all the rules...

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!

Signed:

Ecstatic Sesquashtoo

Ok...here is what is happening on my flight.

As directed, when you leave a bad FPS-sucking area/scenario, you can DISABLE FSX Fiber, and as I flew away from Squamish, out into the channel..I did just that.  Kept pretty much at 30 (my locked target setting).  I then did a 180 back towards Squamish, and just as before, FSX started laboring under what wasn't even seen yet...all the elements of Squamish proper.  I then clicked back on FSX Filber to my 22 FPS LOW SETTING, and all of the stutter and chunk that was starting to show up...vanished.  I went back to the smooth animation, as though I was flying AWAY from element-heavy ORBX Squamish.  I then kept flying towards Squamish, and even though I started to go down to around 9-10 (remember, my FSX settings are maxed within the sim and .cfg file) I still hac 30 FPS-like,  performance!!!!   I can't recommend this little gem...enough.

Steve's DX10 Fixer and FSX Fiber...the FSX two-fisted knock-out punch for  FSX rendering.  The eagle has landed. :)  Back to the flight....

Great to hear.  I also found that it worked, BUT....it introduces the blurries in high demand areas like you are referencing.  So much so as to take away from the visuals that it is no longer fun to fly in the area.

So I have shelved it.  And perhaps it is my older lower end computer that makes it so.

Which reminds me where is the profile info, ie PC Specs etc.?  Is it just my webpage or has the system not been fully restored?

You need to work with the program in window mode, so you can see the FSX Fiber mask...graphs, etc..and also your sim running live.  You keep adjusting your settings, until, you will not have blurries..and stable, smooth animation.   You are then 'home'.   I am getting fabulous performance from this kit...

Well, I have arrived at my FPS target settings for Fiber...

For my system..and with what I demand to see, and the level of detail I need to have...

22 FPS for my LOW setting

30 FPS for my HIGH setting

With the above, I can hit 22 FPS through Fiber about 85 percent of the time in very rendering-demanding scenery elements.  Even if I go below...and substantially below my Lower target of 22 FPS, Fiber gives me smooth animation in fly-overs, or on final..and down to the numbers. Try THAT coming into Seattle!  Ok..I've typed enough.  Now just to use and enjoy. Everybody will have to decide for themselves, what is what.

Have you consider changing to Prepar3D 2.2? Buying another magic software which would make your FSX die a little later is getting yourself more into the situation, where you invest too much $$$ into it and you don't want to change because of all this money spent.

Hello Two...I actually have both FSX and P3D 2.2  I use them both alongside each other.

This software cost me less than 30 bucks.......and boy...after using it...was THAT a good deal! :)

Great posts Ses. I'm seeing the same things you describe. It's just amazing how smooth everything becomes. I've even moved all the scenery sliders full-right. Great stuff.......

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Great posts Ses. I'm seeing the same things you describe. It's just amazing how smooth everything becomes. I've even moved all the scenery sliders full-right. Great stuff.......

Doug

Really, all sliders to the right?

Don't know why but the demo didn't do it for me.

I have a I5 2500K 8 GB Ram, fsx in an SSD and a GTX 780, and after using FTX Go to load fsx with a medium configuration and the PMDG 777, and try a flight in a place without any demanding scenery and I could get to my middle (30 FPS).

I really wish this would worked for me.

Yet another "magic tool" for FSX?

I don´t believe it, instead use common sense, balanced settings and a good guide for your PC and FSX.

Try the free demo if you don't believe it. Plenty of positive feedback here at AVSIM also in other threads. YMMV as it has with a few others.

Why? FSX is still going strong and looking better than ever. And there are new technologies in the pipeline also. All someone might need to do is upgrade some hardware instead of starting over again. Quit chasing the magic numbers and just have fun!