Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

Speech Recognition

As  a lot of people seem to be having some problems with P2ATC to understand your voice commands, I am one of them also!!!

If you go to the grammar screen and use the practice button, select a controller, I selected Unicom and the phrase I selected was 'OpenFlightPlanRequest' 

On the left side you will see the required commands (green) and the options (Orange).  One of the things I was doing was just selecting one of the required commands and saying that

Example: I said 'open flight plan for'............nothing appeared in the 'practice Speech box'  I then tried 'Open my Flighplan.......still nothing.

I wasn''t until I put the whole command together that it worked:

Open flight plan for SpeedBird Six Eight Seven from Echo Gulf Charlie Charlie to Echo Gulf Bravo Bravo at Eighteen Hundred Zulu.................Result

So make sure you say the complete command 

Hope this is helpul

Just tried another one:

SpeedBird Six Eight Seven Request V F R Clearance to Echo Gulf Bravo Bravo At Altitude Of One Eight Thousand On Heading Of One Two Four

Works first time

Also go into configuration and Maintenance > Voice recognition  and try moving the settings to see if that helps

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

yep  had the same problem myself lol  didn't say all the command together,  that's why I printed out  the pages :lol:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Just uploaded update 1.3.0.1 with Speech sample phrases for each interaction in the Grammar Help window.  This should help put together some of the more complex phrases correctly.

Dave

This Software would be perfect if the sound of the Anna voice had more of a radio sound in real ATC if that makes sense.

Apart from that this is a serious contender to any of the other ATC programmes out there on the market today.

I Have seen a programme that is similar to this but has no voice control only keyboard controls.

But the ATC voices looking at videos on YouTube sound very realistic.

Welcome aboard copilot.

Please can you make sure that you sign your posts with your real name.

Many thanks

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Dave,

As I approach the end of my demo time (you have been most gracious) I wanted to get some checks of speech recognition.
Flying various scenarios and most work well, but when we come to the Approach Controller and its commands it is pretty rough.  Within the Approach controller and the Approach request are the functions that seem to be the most trouble. Practice speech or real time flight.

A Request for Visual Approach (under ApproachRequest) and all subsequent requests below that will not work.
Some give a Speech Not Recognized and others nothing at all or maybe a response that does not correspond at all the to the requested command.
I verify my speech by going to Departure for instance without trouble on Requests or Readbacks.

I have not used Unicom much so not sure how well it works, but with a quick check I am showing some trouble.

Bottom line, maybe you (or anyone else) could give a check of the Approach Controller/Approach Request functions on your system(s) and see if my comments are warranted.

Thanks,

Chuck

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

You can ameliorate the speech recognition of your voice by changing

1) the initial silence timeout to 50%

and

2) the end silence timeout to 60%

of the voice recognition settings of the configuration and maintenance pages

i have tested the "practice" function but unfortunately is very often understood something completely wrong
what can I do in such a case?

John,

Settings are already 50 & 60%, the function that is giving me the most trouble is the Approach Controller with mostly all approach requests.

Chuck

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

Same here

I have yet to get a runway change from approach

I simply check in now with my altitude and then I'll get radar vectors

Anything else approach has not picked it up yet

to request  different runway other than the default....you need to first wait until approach tells you to expect the default approach and starts giving you vectors for it...once he does that you can then request a different runway approach. It works ok for me on my beta version (i think im on 1400H) but it may be a different version than what you have....so if it doesnt work for you this way wait a bit until future releases and it'll most likely work for you later.

interesting, will do that next time and will see :rolleyes:

....or on future release thanks

True on the proper procedures, but I even have the approach speech 

problems on the practice speech area. Other areas of practice speech 

are generally good. Could a few of you guys check yours, do not want

Dave  chasing his tail.

Thanks

Chuck

I also tend to have recognition issues that seem to be worse with certain controllers or phases of flight than with others...although I cannot confirm if Approach is one of them or not as it's not something I've yet been tracking during my test sessions. Right now it's just something I've observed..and it is quite annoying I know...but I don't have enough experience using the built-in MS VR software to really know if it's just the short coming of the MS software itself, or if it's something Dave can work on and improve (other than developing his own speech recognition engine I mean).

Vectors seem to be improving now alot...but I think there may be some stability issues to work out...after that I'd probably vote for working mainly on the speech recognition stuff since I persoanlly believe with this sort of app that vectors, recognition, and stability are the absolute basics and most important to get working as perfectly as possible first. Then it's ok to add new cool features later. This of course is only my own personal opinion about it.

Just a question  is anyone using other VR software like FS2Crew or MCE and if so are you experiencing the same kind of issues?  Just trying to narrow it done to either just P2ATC  or across other programs.

Thanks

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image