Sign in to follow this  
3-2-1-Now

300Er And Center Tank Pumps "press" Caption

Hi,

The wing tanks have > 52600 lbs and the center has 500 lbs of fuel in it. Both the center tank pumps are OFF, yet the PRESS lights on the left/right pumps appear to be blinking at random.

What are the pumps doing? Is it some kind of de-air function? I'm at cruise, FL350.

Best regards,

Robin.

I also noticed this... I turned the tanks on and let the rest of the fuel be used from them and it seemed to have gone away. Was going to mention it in the forums as well.

What are the pumps doing? Is it some kind of de-air function?

I turned the tanks on and let the rest of the fuel be used from them and it seemed to have gone away.

I believe this is related to fuel sloshing.

PRESS shows up when the plane thinks there's fuel in there that should be used.  The sloshing of the fuel by (and with 'by' I mean "as it travels past") the sensor will occasionally trigger it to indicate that there's enough fuel left that should be used.

...and yes, fuel slosh is modeled.

Kyle Rodgers

Very nice!

Yeah, caught me off-guard at first, too, though.

Kyle Rodgers