Sign in to follow this  
AzN1337c0d3r

Auto Step Climb Since Sp1

Has anyone gotten auto step climbs to work since upgrading to SP1?

My ND shows S/C and VNAV approaches the step point but it seems to never get there. I seem to be perpetually at least 1 nm from start climb.

Working flawlessly. Are you shure it´s enabled in the options menu? Sorry if that´s too obvious...

LABOX4.jpg

What stepclimbs are you talking about?

The one calculated by the plane automaticly with RVSM or the one you have enetered yourself like /FL380S?

I believe only the last one will work with auto stepclimb.

From the intro manual:

"AUTO STEP CLIMBS: Automatically increase the MCP altitude at step climb points and initiate the climb. Useful if you are flying long haul while not at your computer" (end of quote)

You can enable Auto Step Climb in the options menu, Page 5/7. Or just go to Menu / FS Actions / Auto Cruise

And yes, it´s all automatic, if you want that option, it´s set and forget...

LABOX4.jpg

Has anyone gotten auto step climbs to work since upgrading to SP1?

My ND shows S/C and VNAV approaches the step point but it seems to never get there. I seem to be perpetually at least 1 nm from start climb.

If you have AUTO STEP CLIMBS enabled, and you're absolutely sure you have everything set up correctly, please submit a ticket to support.precisionmanuals.com.  I saw something similar early on in the SP1 testing, but I thought it had been resolved.  Your additional report could help them pin it down if it somehow slipped through.

Please provide as much detail as possible:

What route pair, what route, what aircraft (200LR/F or 300ER, if you have the 300ER), what weight (etc...if you remember it), what altitude you were at, what step size you were using, if you changed the step size at any point (to include if you used a forced step on the LEGS pages at any prior point on your route), and so on.

Kyle Rodgers