Sign in to follow this  
slimie18

747V2

Is there any news on 747v2? Since most airliners are retiring their 747,I wish pmdg will release this beautiful queen soon before she retires.

United has stated on their employee's website recently that they presently expect the B747-400 to remain in service until 2020.  I'm sure PMDG will beat that by a wide margin,

Myself, I can hardly wait to buy version 2 of the "Queen of the Fleet"! 

Frederick 

Im wondering if they just started for V2?? Any pictures? :rolleyes:

If there was any news about this, or any other, development, it would be in a sticky in the General Forum.

Hence, there's no news on it, and no pictures since the last update on it by Robert.

All we know is that development has started, and everything else is pretty much conjecture, since there's not a lot of information around.

I have a feeling, but this is just me speculating, that the SP1c for the 777 will have a priority over the 747v2 for now. Depending on how the teams are arranged, some modelling and texturing might already have been done. (Again, that's pure speculation from my side.)

I was recently in the flight deck of a British airways 747 and the crew said they were keeping their 747s for at least another 15 years.

Does anyone know if PMDG is thinking about making a 747SP expansion for the new V2, that would be incredible if they did!

How could they? The 747SP was a derivative of the classic 747s, not of the 747-400, which PMDG is making.

They're two entirely different airplanes.

Im wondering if they just started for V2?? Any pictures? :rolleyes:

A couple years ago, actually...

They showed some pictures at the Konferenz in München.

Kyle Rodgers

Could someone of you predict the approximately release-date of PMDG-747-400V2 according to your knowlage with +- / 50 percent  error ? Thanks in advance.

Somewhere between now and 2020, with an error margin between 2017 and 2023 (you asked for 50%, didn't you?).

All kidding aside, those things are VERY hard to predict, even for the developers themselves, let alone for guys on a forum who know pretty much nothin about that development, since PMDG is not a public company.

They don't give us release estimates, because those are promises that can't be kept, ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZi4i-LI8bo isn't that the 74v2 on the screen?

Bringing up old cows doesn't add any news.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)