Sign in to follow this  
slimie18

747V2

The aircraft shown on the screen is the 747-8i. Go to ~1:20 and you'll hear him explain. Apparently those old cows don't know everything.

Does anyone know how long BA will have the 74?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I don't have a clue where you got that number from, but last I checked (not too long ago), BA still had 40-something 747s in the active fleet, not 15.

Based on having less than 15 in the ACTIVE fleet and retiring atleast 1 every 6-8 weeks I reckon it'll be sooner than we want.

According to the British Airways official site they have 57 in their fleet - http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/about-ba/fleet-facts/boeing747-400

And according to "The BA Source" which tracks their fleets they have 46 active 747-400s - http://www.thebasource.com/boeing747-400.html

In the general updates announcement, 747-400 V2 was mentioned as being under way.

I am hanging out for this as it would allow us (old time wanna bees) 747 cockpit builders to get the interfacing we need for our hardware (I hope).

I know the majority of builders like the 737 and I have even seen a very nice A320 build, but the 747 is still the "Queen"

AlexB

Alex (by the way, FULL names are required on every PMDG subforum),

If you're a cockpit builder, and want to simulate the 747, there's already a VERY good alternative out there: Aerowinx.

For cockpit builders especially, it's probably a lot better suited than what PMDG is about to offer.

I wish PMDG wasn't so closed lip a screen shot every now and then would good for marketing and would by hyping a product.But what do I know I only have been going to school for this kinda stuff for 4 years lol

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Hi KriVa,

I have already purchased Aerowinx and will build my cockpit around that, however the new PMDG 747 will allow me to keep flying during the build phase and test different modules as I build them...

The other bonus with having both is you can use the PMDG model as the flight model for Aerowinx to "control" and also have some really good external views for ground services and walk around and spectators....

Just my thoughts! :rolleyes:

Cheers,