Sign in to follow this  
carlito777

Majestic Dash 8 Q400 Patch With P3Dv2 Compatibility Released

There is much good news here for P3D v2.3 and the MJC Q400 ... not sure I should say any more about it, but it's good news and stay tuned.

Cheers, Rob.

I get the "bridge spikes" and the scenery shimmering only when looking through ANY cockpit glass in the Q400 - front or side. Switch to spot - everything is fine and dandy.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

It is not only a Q400 problem. I have the same thing with the default Maule, default location

I've been told by Oleksiy (Boss), he is actually working directly with P3D team to resolve this issue, as it seems that the Dash is not the only guilty one here.

banner_samdim_q400_nrw.png

It is not only a Q400 problem. I have the same thing with the default Maule, default location.

I flew the Maule and other aircraft around KNTU, which I think was the default, but I did not see any problem ... and I did not see any bridges.

So, I assume I was in a different area.

I checked around KDTW .. bridge to Canada ok there.

I have never seen the problem yet on any of my test flights..

I have not purchased the Q400 so no testing there.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I have had this issue with the CS T7

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

Just scanned quickly through this long thread.... it's a bit hard to tell what the current status of the Q400 is in P3D..... other than the graphic artifacts discussed, are there other significant issues that would suggest not purchasing the product for P3D yet?

Thanks, Bruce.

other than the graphic artifacts discussed, are there other significant issues that would suggest not purchasing the product for P3D yet?

As I understand it, this issue is fixed for v2.3 (but not in current v2.3 Beta 2).

Cheers, Rob.

Some information for those who are having problems with the latest patch: It is possible to do a rollback to the earlier version by applying the 1.009 patch (can be found on the Majestic website) to an existing 1.010 installation. This version is trouble-free in P3D 2.2, at least on my system. With patch 1.010 I've had all the problems that have been discussed (severe graphical artifacts, autogen problems, flickering terrain etc) but none of this exists with version 1.009. The only limitation is that you have to disable VC panel mipmapping in the graphics options.

The weird thing about patch 1.010 is that by installing it, the graphical problems suddenly occur with all aircraft, not just the Dash. This can be fixed by reinstalling the graphics card drivers (this won't fix the problem with the Dash itself though). Again, version 1.009 works perfectly. P3D users who have this version installed should probably wait to use the patch until the issues are fixed.

The weird thing about patch 1.010 is that by installing it, the graphical problems suddenly occur with all aircraft, not just the Dash.

Are you sure about this?  I'm not seeing that ... the "tall bridges/pylon" issues were there before the Q400 but NOT in all aircraft.  Re-installing a graphics driver would not touch anything in P3D directories ... it will however reset your graphics settings which is maybe why you thought that "fixed it".

Cheers, Rob.

You are correct Rob, the problem did exist before (and still does) but in a much less severe way. On my system, the "stretched bridges" problem has always been there but it only appeared very rarely. Also, the stretching was much less pronounced. After updating the Dash 8 to 1.010, my scenery looked something like this:

Ax9Ds9q.jpg

I don't think it has anything to do with graphics settings, as I always use default values in the Nvidia control panel.

Of course it's possible that this is not the case on all systems, perhaps only certain configurations are affected. Several people have reported this same problem though, so it does not seem to be a unique case... But anyway, the good news is that it can all be fixed.

Steve

PS: To clarify, the problems with graphical artifacts as seen above were not fixed by reinstalling the older Dash 8 version, but by reinstalling the Nvidia drivers.

Of course it's possible that this is not the case on all systems, perhaps only certain configurations are affected. Several people have reported this same problem though, so it does not seem to be a unique case... But anyway, the good news is that it can all be fixed.

Yeah, as far as I know it has been fixed ... I just don't have the build/beta that has that fix in it so I can't verify.

Cheers, Rob.

My 1.010 install is a mess that I posted about in the unofficial forum. The full 1.08 installer won't connect so it looks like I'm waiting for a hotfix. Sure hope it comes soon!

James McLees

...the problem did exist before (and still does) but in a much less severe way. On my system, the "stretched bridges" problem has always been there but it only appeared very rarely. Also, the stretching was much less pronounced.

I have had the same experience. Before the Q400 update, I wasn't getting these types of vertical lines connected to autogen buildings, just the bridges, but they were much shorter in height. I have since done a complete re-install of P3Dv2.2, minus the Q400 and haven't seen any hide nor hair of graphic anomalies. I even went as far as stress testing my gpu,(using 3dmark and furmark) on another system, without any issues. So I figure it isn't a gpu issue on my system.

Jazz

As I understand it, this issue is fixed for v2.3 (but not in current v2.3 Beta 2).

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks Rob...

I have had the same experience. Before the Q400 update, I wasn't getting these types of vertical lines connected to autogen buildings, just the bridges, but they were much shorter in height. I have since done a complete re-install of P3Dv2.2, minus the Q400 and haven't seen any hide nor hair of graphic anomalies. I even went as far as stress testing my gpu,(using 3dmark and furmark) on another system, without any issues. So I figure it isn't a gpu issue on my system.

Jazz

Could this graphics issue be linked to the DX files that get downloaded in the install? In most other product installs, if a DX installer is invoked it just reports that the current DX version is higher on my system, but in the Q400 case the DX installer actually installed files...

Bruce.

Thanks Rob...

Could this graphics issue be linked to the DX files that get downloaded in the install? In most other product installs, if a DX installer is invoked it just reports that the current DX version is higher on my system, but in the Q400 case the DX installer actually installed files...

Bruce.

I believe the DX installer is smart and will compare what you have to what is the latest. So if you ran a DX installer from 5 years ago it would tell you have the latest. You could always go and download the latest DX web installer from Microsoft right now to make sure you have the latest files.