Sign in to follow this  
AEREO

Weather Radar Not Working

Hello:

I have followed the steps on "WX Radar Troubleshooting" page. I have checked the dll.xml, I have done as froogle, I have tried so many things...but WX Radar not showing.

I add a image of what I see. During a storm!! ASN is last version, PMDG obsiously in SP1.

And here is the pic:

777-46d1741.jpg

I have followed the steps on "WX Radar Troubleshooting" page. I have checked the dll.xml, I have done as froogle, I have tried so many things...but WX Radar not showing.
I add a image of what I see. During a storm!! ASN is last version, PMDG obsiously in SP1.

For what it's worth, the pic of ASN is pretty much useless because that's the SAT view, not the radar view.  SAT and radar are very, very different things.

That said, though, I do see rain at the top left, so you should be seeing returns.  I'd submit a ticket to HiFi or PMDG.

Kyle Rodgers

And how can I use the SAT view in ASN?

1. Try running ASN as administrator before running FSX.

2. If you have Fsiupc, Make sure it's the latest.

3. Make sure it is actually raining, what you're looking at in your screenshot of ASN are clouds. Not precipitation.

FKKD METAR is now reporting -DZ, so come back after you've tried the steps, and give the radar at least 10 seconds to load the data before concluding it's broken. Sometimes it lags.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

And how can I use the SAT view in ASN?

Your screenshot shows you using SAT view (satellite).  It's not a different "mode" for ASN.  I was simply stating that you were basically showing me a screenshot of ASN showing me that there were clouds.  Since weather radar is not a cloud finder, the fact that there were clouds adds nothing to the troubleshooting process.

In order to change to radar view, go to Overlays at the top left and change it to Precipitation Base Reflectivity or Echo Tops.  That's radar info (not exactly what you'll see in the sim, but it's radar info).

Kyle Rodgers