Sign in to follow this  
tambeshakunt

Fsx On Windows 8.1 --- Yes I Know , I Know, But Any Help!?

Jim .. I beg to differ on one of your points

Which point do you disagree with Paul? If it is about my point about the uiautomationcore.dll (and that is the only point I made other than to read the AVSIM CTD Guide), I have proof beyond all reasonable doubts that the uiautomationcore.dll does not fix every crash. Take a look at the AVSIM CTD Forum and you will see many individuals reporting various crashes using the software AppCrashView (this software reads all windows error reports (.wer) and shows everything that was loaded (Windows Error Reports are used by Microsoft Techs to troubleshoot and find the fault of crashes). One of the items loaded was the uiautomationcore.dll in the main FSX directory. On many occasions I have recommended the module be removed from the main FSX directory to a temporary directory and the OP's post again that the crashes stopped after removing the uiautomationcore.dll. Go there and check it out for yourself. I am not wrong....

EDIT: I see you could have been responding to JimS too but you did not indicate that in your post. In any case, we have both responded.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Lots of Jims  Haha 

It was JSkorna's message I was referring too

Jim ... I really do not think I am going to touch anything because it is running a dream in Win 7 compatibility mode

Just finished another 6 hour flight in the 737 without a hitch  ..... so .. if ain't broke why fix it 

Paul 

As WotanUK pointed out, the spikes you're seeing is casued by running the combination AMD graphicscard and DX10. There are no known solution to this other than switching to nVidia or go back to DX9. Happens in 8.1, happens in 7 :mad: (http://forum.avsim.net/topic/422802-serious-issue-with-ati-and-steves-dx10-fix-tears-and-spikes-everywhere/)

One problem you should be aware of is the disconnection joystick issue with FSX and Win 8. To bypass this you need a registered version FSUIPC and set your controller through that. P3Dv2 had the same issue until it was fixed in v2.1 or v2.2 (http://forum.avsim.net/topic/393486-windows-8-joystick-megathread-problem/)

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

To get rid of the spikes/tears, you need to uncheck DX10 Preview in FSX, not REX. You could also do this manually;

In your fsx.cfg, change

D3D10=1

to

D3D10=0

For the grainy textures, did you try installing different runway textures to overwrite your current?

Did you do any changes in fsx.cfg at all? Highmemfix for ex.?

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

Yes, Like I said, I unchecked DX10 in both fsx AND rex.

Yes, I have done several cfg tweaks including high mem fix.

If you look at the thread starter, I mentioned ( I think) that I have installed utx and gex. 

The problem is on and off, it happens sometimes and not others!?? Its odd

I am using DX10 and an AMD ATI card and I got the spike issue once in a while. I did uninstall my ATI Drivers and did a clean install. That help me a lot. I haven't seen the problem since.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.