Sign in to follow this  
svenks

AI Traffic Separation Utility

It works OK, just a glitch: It's not internationally written. I livein Scandinavia and we use comma as decimal separator not period.First run showed an Exception Handling Error, fixed by changingdecimal separarator. Hope this will be fixed.LG

I took a quick look at it and like what I've seen so far. Unfortunately, I believe it can't be used with WideFS, but I hope that will eventually be addressed. Either way, seems to work well for me and I will definitely give it some use.KP

What a great idea! I can't wait to check this utility out after work.I looked at the docs and I just wanted to add that this utility actually uses some sort of conflict resolution algorthim, so the seperation parameters are enforced upon the potentially conflicting aircraft causing them to alter their behavior. This is great (I think). You can even tweak the parameters that determine whether a potential conflict exits. :-)

>Tried it with WideFS and it seems to work.>>LGGreat! I had read something on another site saying it wouldn't work with WideFS, but hadn't tried it myself. I'll install it on my network pc later and give it a try.KP

Guest secks

This begs the question .. if AI planes can be slewed, then why not just re-implement AI with slewing? Takeoffs, landings, cruise, taxiing, etc. That way, 3rd part ATC programs like Radar Contact could control AI traffic. Heck, someone could develop an AI control SDK which would basically be an AI slewing wrapper which fits over what already exists in FS2004.

Guest GabrielR

Now that is a good Idea!

Radar Contact in version 4 will have quite a bit of AI control. Look at their support forum here on AVSIM and do a search for the version 4 thread. Their programmer is working on seperation routines for air during approach and also to prevent the frequent occurance of AI taxiing onto the runway while you are in the last stage of final necessitating a go-around.I am a current 3.1 user with the latest release which recognizes AI by calling targets to you but in this version can't cvontrol them yet. Purchase includes FSUIPC registration for traffic features and FSUIPC provides AI control for developers now.

Guest CaptainSensible

Excellent freeware program!Set it up at EGLL with 100% UT2004 Traffic adjusted the required separation (min 4 miles max 10) and it works a treat.Best to use in conjunction with the latest version of EditVoicePak which has the ability to speed the ATC communication up. This means everyone moves just that little bit quicker as well ;)Despite packed taxiways and landing aircraft every few minutes I only had one "go around" in 30 minutes. Cool :D(Note I had adjusted the UK2000 AFCAD file for EGLL to close 27R to landing traffic and to close 27L for takeoffs - this also speeds up the flow of traffic as in real life).Thanks to the author for a really useful utility!RegardsAdam

Guest ha5mvo

Hi,what about its impact on frames? did you see a significant drop or instability of frames?//Michael

Guest captbulldog 2

Micheal, this program uses the win WXF file swapping technology which relies a lot on PC-3 platform released late 2004. If you do not have the xxxroftmal.cat3 on your Ponsky system (or perhaps your Panderora doesn't support it at all) then you can expect 4500% decrease in your frame rate.

Guest ha5mvo

yes, how much can you keep beating a long-dead dog?

Guest Jetfan

Just checked to see if it would work with FS2002. It indicated that it 'connected' and no programs crashed, so I assume it works OK here too. I took a flight from KSAN to KLAS with traffic set at 81% and did not experience the usual 'go around' at KLAS.Cheers,Bob