Sign in to follow this  
jimmy64

No Ai Traffic

I've just re-installed P3D 1.4 after finding that ORBX PNW and UTX did not play well together at coastal airports. That's a separate issue, so no UTX for now as it's unsupported anyway. My issue is that I installed FTX NA GA aircraft for the PNW region and not only do I not see any of the aircraft, supposedly over 600 in the region, although they are certainly present in the Simobjects/airplanes folder, I can no longer get traffic anywhere. There are a number of tick boxes, in the GA AI control panel, there's a box for P3D ai traffic that activates/de-activates the trafficAircraft.bgl file, this is not used in PNW, rather, everywhere else. In the KORS control panel, I was looking to see the "new traffic" at KORS, there's a tick box for enabling or disabling the GA AI traffic. No matter what combination, I've tried them all, many times over, I have no AI traffic. Further, when not in PNW, I have no AI traffic, again under every combination. So I can't tell if this is a FTX AI traffic issue, or a P3D issue as I have no AI traffic, period, anywhere. I used to see plenty of those orange/blue, Orbitz I think, aircraft taxiing around at my default airports.

James McLees

addendum: the issue I had with UTX has been resolved (terrain covering runways). So many big issues have been solved with this computer build and install of P3D 1.4...my final piece is "AI traffic"! Really?

James McLees

Jimmy,

If you haven't already, make sure you don't have any FS9 AI Flight plans from any other AI addon as these will disable every other AI Flight plan. For example, all of the WoAI flight plans are in FS9 format and have to be converted to FSX or P3D format, which you can do with a free utility called AI Flight Planner.

Todd

Thanks Todd, I did manage to get the P3D default aircraft bgl turned on so I at least have AI traffic. As for the FTX GA traffic, I can see the bgl's turn on and off in the scenery/world/scenery folder, and the aircraft textures are where they're supposed to be, and with P3D traffic disabled, I should have some cool traffic by FTX in the PNW. I have asked about this in their forum, no reply yet. Anyway, it's freeware, so if I can get it working that would be great, if not, I can live without it.

James McLees