Sign in to follow this  
readyfortakeoff

Activation/crashes Problems Since Sp1

Ever since the sp1 update I can't get this thing to work. It asks for my Activation code which has never happen before.When I put in my code I get an invalid error, then it crashes. Same with the 737NGX. I put in a ticket and still waiting on a "fix/reply". So I am reaching out here to see if anyone has this problem and or suggestions that might help get me back in the air.... I'm getting the shakes so I need my 777 fix  :Waiting:

Ever since the sp1 update I can't get this thing to work. It asks for my Activation code which has never happen before.When I put in my code I get an invalid error, then it crashes. Same with the 737NGX. I put in a ticket and still waiting on a "fix/reply". So I am reaching out here to see if anyone has this problem and or suggestions that might help get me back in the air.... I'm getting the shakes so I need my 777 fix  :Waiting:

The 777 reg code is stored in your Win Registry, and installing SP1 wouldn't have changed that.  Either something didn't get (or isn't currently being) run as an admin, or you've changed something else (like disabling FLEXNet).

Kyle Rodgers

I didn't do or change anything except installing the update. My computer is and has always been run as admin mode. Should I re install the Sp1 add run as admin?  Where can I find the FLEXnet file?

Thanks Kyle

My computer is and has always been run as admin mode.

Not sure what you mean here.  Just because you have an admin account does not mean you're running things as an admin.  This is done on a program-by-program basis.  Unless you right click and select Run As Admin, or mark the appropriate check box in the Properties menu, it's not going to run as an admin.

Just to confirm:

You're running FSX and all of the installers as an admin (meaning you specifically set this by explicitly selecting the setting yourself), correct?

Where can I find the FLEXnet file?

If you don't know where it is, it's safe to say you didn't modify the service.

Kyle Rodgers

Yes sir that's what I meant I run everything as Admin. Something got messed up. Like I said the only changes to my system was the update. When I did a system restore it removed the up date so when I get home I will try and run it again as Admin and make sure it is check and hope that will help....I hope!