Sign in to follow this  

We wished for a Tristar...such a shame about the response!

Upon seeing the news on Avsim front page...'Lockheed Tristar released'...I hoped that perhaps the 'Pilots L1011' had been released (they claimed Feb 2005, but then they have 'claimed' released dates for nearly two years!). For lack of anything else, this Tristar model looks from the screenshots to be a fairly good representation. It can be seen at www.l1011tristar.comBut, sadly, my momentary interest was deflated when I noticed who this new release was by...Perfect Flight. For lack of anything else to do, I followed the link to their website, hoping that I may gain some mild amusement from the screenshots of what is no doubt a travesty to both the legendary old lady herself, but also to flight simulation in general. Sure enough, its a joke. The visual model is laughable, the VC unmentionable...need I continue?I would never state my opinions on any freeware release, as it involves hours of hard work by like minded flight sim fans, and the end result, no matter the quality, is free. But as this (and all other Perfect Flight products too) is payware, I feel I can justifiably state that this company are a stain on the face of flight simulation.My sincere condolences if anyone is suckered into buying this product, which would struggle to better even the most basic freeware releases.I hasten to add that I don't own any Perfect Flight releases, so someone could tell me I'm wrong about these models...but I wouldn't believe them.I'll just continue to hope that someday, somewhere, I get to see either a superb freeware L1011, or an equally superb payware version.Till then, I can only dream.Al.

Guest bobsk8

Let's see, you have never actually bought any of their products and this one was just released this week, ands you are already telling everyone that it is junk and they shouldn't be suckered into buying it. Hmmm.........

With all due respect, have you seen their other products? I've never heard a good word spoken about their 717, MD-11, or A380. I don't think you actually need to own any of their products. Apart from being common knowledge, just check the screenshots, they speak for themselves. My arguement is, that they shouldn't be able to charge for something that is well below the par of most freeware.I never said people shouldn't buy it. I wouldn't be so presumptuous as impose my own 'buying' standards onto other people, but I just hope that people aren't disappointed with it if they do, as its blatantly another of Perfect Flights sub-standard money grabbing attempts.

Guest DreamFleet

I might suggest reading the page, as NO prize is being given to Perfect Flight, and no where on the page does it indicate this. This is FlightSim.com's monthly FREEWARE contest, which has been held for years. You vote on your favorite freeware download that appeared that month in their library. The developer-winner of the favourite freeware file gets a lovely award plaque (I have two of them for my freeware work). Next, among those who voted, another winner is chosen at random, and this winner gets to choose their prize from those listed on the page.As to the choice of prizes offered, these come from vendors who offer them gratis for this contest.This is all clearly explained on the page. Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg

Ah, thanks Lou, it's all a lingual misunderstanding on my part. You see, in norwegian the word "pris" means award, so I mixed up the terms "prize" and "award". Sorry Flightsim!

Guest DreamFleet

You're very much the gentleman,

That's pretty harshJeff USAF

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

You are confusing 2 companies and projects. Pilots Gmbh is not "Perfect" Flight, the two couldn't be further apart in fact.One is a good company out of Austria, the other a load of crap out of Italy.

Guest erahmig

>You are confusing 2 companies and projects. >Pilots Gmbh is not "Perfect" Flight, the two couldn't be>further apart in fact.>>One is a good company out of Austria, the other a load of crap>out of Italy.Hi Jeroen,Coincidentally I was just searching for a good B314 Clipper and noticed that the b314clipper.com site was recommended as having an "excellent" payware B314 Clipper. It says Pilot's GesmbH on the bottom of the b314clipper.com site. Is that the same outfit that is selling the L1011 mentioned above?Eric

>I feel I can justifiably state that this company are a stain on>the face of flight simulation .......... I hasten to add that I don't own any Perfect Flight releasesNothing like a fair, considered and balanced view!"Tried the new Tristar, Fred?""Load of junk""I thought so too""Ah, you did try it then?""Well no. Just looks like a load of junk. In my view""Yes, my view too, entirely""Did it fly straight?""Don't know actually. Haven't tried it either""Well we're agreed on that then. I must write a review for Avsim and give them the benefit of our expertise ..."Maybe this thread might eventually become useful when someone has actually tried the product!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

>You're very much the gentleman,

"You are confusing 2 companies and projects. Pilots Gmbh is not "Perfect" Flight, the two couldn't be further apart in fact.One is a good company out of Austria, the other a load of crap out of Italy."No, my initial thought on seeing the Avsim news item 'Lockheed Tristar released', made me THINK that perhaps the Pilots L1011 had been released (and indeed it does look very good). But upon further investigation, it was this Perfect Flight release. A company that I am very aware release nothing more than bottom end freeware standard models...but charge for them.On a seperate note, I've read countless testimonials on these, and other forums, from customers regretting Perfect Flight purchases. I don't recall ever seeing them being flamed for opinions such as in most of the replies to this thread. I'll know not to post my 'uneducated' opinions in future. To those who believe that the Perfect Flight L1011 will be a quality product, please, do buy it and dispell my views.

>You are confusing 2 companies and projects. >Pilots Gmbh is not "Perfect" Flight, the two couldn't be>further apart in fact.>>One is a good company out of Austria, the other a load of crap>out of Italy.For once Jeroen, you gave me a good laugh. Can't agree more.

Eric 

Guest bobsk8

>"You are confusing 2 companies and projects. >Pilots Gmbh is not "Perfect" Flight, the two couldn't be>further apart in fact.>>One is a good company out of Austria, the other a load of crap>out of Italy.">>>No, my initial thought on seeing the Avsim news item 'Lockheed>Tristar released', made me THINK that perhaps the Pilots L1011>had been released (and indeed it does look very good). But>upon further investigation, it was this Perfect Flight>release. A company that I am very aware release nothing more>than bottom end freeware standard models...but charge for>them.>>On a seperate note, I've read countless testimonials on these,>and other forums, from customers regretting Perfect Flight>purchases. I don't recall ever seeing them being flamed for>opinions such as in most of the replies to this thread. I'll>know not to post my 'uneducated' opinions in future. To those>who believe that the Perfect Flight L1011 will be a quality>product, please, do buy it and dispell my views. Sounds to me like you have some personal gripe against this company for whatever reason. To start an entire thread about something that you know zero about, and then to be surprised when people comment negatively on your rather obvious lack of credibility on the subject in question, really suprises me.