Sign in to follow this  

We wished for a Tristar...such a shame about the response!

Guest yarvelling

Judging by the screenshots at Perfect Flights' website, the model doesn't appear to be any more advanced than the lovely freebie that Mike Stone released a few years ago! And the panel (2d) doesn't 'look' as nice or as well drawn as the freebie from Marco Spada.... OK, so this new one has a 3d cockpit too, but how useful is it? Is it fully clickasble? Are the gauges well focused and smooth? Does it kill frame-rates? It kind of looks OK in the screen-shots, but there does seem to be a fair amount of empty space when compared to even the murky real cockpit shot on what is presumably the products' CD package!The textures on the close-up shots of the exterior look a little woolly too in places...check-out the ATA shot; the logo looks very much as though the texture is actually too small and has lost definition in being stretched to fit!I'm not a person to normally critiscise unduly, especially when I haven't tried the item in question, but bare in mind my aformentioned observations when I say that the advertised appearance of the product doesn't make me want to go and buy it....We could all be wrong and the thing flies like a dream, just like the real thing, but untill I see confirmation of that, my debit card is staying in my pocket! It doesn't even appear to have a working FMC, yet you can clearly see two rather 'dead' looking units on the center console of the 3d virtual cockpit....in a payware model, one should now surely expect such systems, if fitted to the original to be available to the simulated version, otherwise it REALLY has no way to set itself over and above a decent freeware combination! On that note, I believe that the Marco Spada freeware panel allows for the use of the freebie CIVA navigation unit, which, correct me if I'm wrong here, is more appropriate to the L1011 anyway...OK. I've tried to be constructive and objective here in my reaction to this payware release without having yet tried it; observations made when purchasing an addon to see how it will improve over the existing and in many cases excellent, freeware alternatives available....

Guest Charlie Hall

"Maybe this thread might eventually become useful when someone has actually tried the product." I would hope that the first person who does lets us know as soon as possible, within 5 minutes of installing it.

Guest rleiro

Fully agree that there's a lot of things yet to do in models, but I personally think that does not imply to bash any group regardless of its condition, either freeware or payware.We must remember that our community is enormous, thus likes and preferences of people vary a lot. Perhaps for most of us the standard are groups such as PMDG or Dreamfleet, iFDG or POSKY, whilst for others are Perfect Flight.For me the best criticism for a freeware model is the amount of downloads seen, for a payware model are the editor's reviews that I found very useful in the moment of the decision making in spending money in an add-on.My 0.02 cents,

I doubt after installing it, anyone would be brave enough to come here and admit it :-)OK, this is bad etiquette (I can't even bloody spell it!) on my part, but seriously, I'm still laughing after looking at the screenshots!! I mean, I released a freeware DC10 panel some 6 years ago (without using default gauges)that looked more realistic than this L1011 does. OK, the model has reflections......and a number 2 engine fan, I mean you only need to have a very slight inkling about aeroplanes, or just look at one photo......####, I nearly fell off the chair again!!Sorry, I really do know better than to appear to be critical....it's very unprofessional - especially as I've not got the product - but I just had to say something.http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...BANNER_PAUL.jpg

Cheers

Paul Golding

Guest Charlie Hall

I really did try to appear unbiased with my response :-bat

Guest Erick_Cantu

Did you actually read what he posted? He separated Pilots and Perfect Flight pretty well, he even said he thought the Pilots offering looked good in his opinion.Just as well, for anyone arguing that one who hasn't bought it has no right to comment on how it looks (which is a pretty weak argument anyway), all you really do need to see is the screenshots. The second I saw the visible fan in the #2 intake I knew precisely how much research had gone into it...Of course, having never made a TeiStar what would I know about its shape?Oh...wait...nevermind.

>>Sounds to me like you have some personal gripe against this>company for whatever reason. To start an entire thread about>something that you know zero about, I also know nothing about it. At least I did 5 minutes. But then I did look at the screenshots and must admit they look pretty awful. Am I supposed to give them a benefit of a doubt and assume there is a 'jewel' work hiding right behind those 'lovely' panels. I don't think so.hmm... do I have a personal gripe against this company too??Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Guest Jimbofly

When I look at any payware release, I consider it's potential value.When the work on the visual model is lacklustre, and there are obvious errors, there is no justification for charging EU 24.00 on it!Standards are high for payware, and a company should be able to justify charging for a product if it falls below standard. If that company were charging EU 5.00 for it I would probably consider buying it, but it's lack of realism would probably subtract from my flightsim experience, so chances are I wouldn't.Such an effort really is treating it's customers with contempt.James

>If that company were charging EU 5.00 for it I would probably>consider buying it,Hmmm ...even if they paid me $10 I would not install it on my PC *:-*Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

I won't even click on there website for fear of getting an ImPerfect Flight cookie installed on my computer.:-hah

Eric 

Guest av84fun

<>My name is James too and I am often called "Jimbo" so I hate to take you on.Obviously, I don't know where you live, but if it is in a country that practices the free enterprise system, your views are in error.Anyone should be able to offer for sale whatever they want to sell...as long as the product is not misrepresented which seems doubtful in this case since screenshots were posted that everyone is dumping on.Buy it or don't buy it. That is your choice. But it is equally their choice to offer to sell whatever they wish at whatever price they choose.Regards,Jim/James/Jimbo

Guest UPS009

I would love to see a good aircraft designer make a L-1011. I've always been a fan of the L-1011 and would die if someone made a quality aircraft like DF, PSS, LDS, PMDG just to name a few. I remember before Fs2004 was going to be released, the folks at Pilots said there L-1011 would be one of the first releases for FS9. Well here we are 2 years later. The last time I checked there web sight, it stated a release for Feb2005. Well that date has come and gone. Today PF released there L-1011. Well guess what the folks at Pilots updated there sight, WOW, stating there still working on it. I knew that was coming. From the pics they have posted, there L-1011 doesn't meet the quality of today

>...your views are in error.:-hmmm :-hmmm :-hmmm.. let me play his lawyer. His only 'views' are that there is no 'justification' for this price. Or he could also have stated this 'price is too high' or perhaps 'price is ridiculous' or even better 'price is crazy' or 'they are idiots charging this much'. All these expressions have nothing to do with our lovely free market system. You could try to sell me your cat for $1,000,000 - you have a perfect right to do that but I have the same right to call you a 'cheat', 'crook', 'crazy' or 'unscrupulous'. Such statements would not constitute my assault on the free market system - just an assault on your pricing scheme or an assault on your business integrity. His views would be in error if he advocated establishment of a government body to oversee pricing in the simulation market.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Very sad that your comments are based on perception rather than experience. Did I mention that this is sad?Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

>The second I saw the visible fan in the #2 intake I knew precisely how much research had gone into it...:-xxrotflmao