Sign in to follow this  

We wished for a Tristar...such a shame about the response!

yes, that's the people from l1011tristar.comNo clue why it's taking them so long to make the product, but I do know they're thorough in their research and a very small team.I can recommend the Clipper, having it myself. Do be prepared for very long flights though, typical routes are 15-24 hours (and an autopilot not dissimilar to the one in the MAAM R4D).

>On a seperate note, I've read countless testimonials on these,>and other forums, from customers regretting Perfect Flight>purchases. I don't recall ever seeing them being flamed for>opinions such as in most of the replies to this thread. I'll>know not to post my 'uneducated' opinions in future. To those>who believe that the Perfect Flight L1011 will be a quality>product, please, do buy it and dispell my views. I've been burned by Imperfect flight in the past, I won't be burned again. Not only are they distributing freeware mixed with default panels but in my case it didn't even work in the FS version it was sold for and support was nonexistent.That seems typical of what others experience in their dealings with the company.

>>You are confusing 2 companies and projects. >>Pilots Gmbh is not "Perfect" Flight, the two couldn't be>>further apart in fact.>>>>One is a good company out of Austria, the other a load of>crap>>out of Italy.>>For once Jeroen, you gave me a good laugh. Can't agree more.>my pleasure Eric :)

>Judging by the screenshots at Perfect Flights' website, the>model doesn't appear to be any more advanced than the lovely>freebie that Mike Stone released a few years ago! And theI'd not be surprised if people find it is in fact the Mike Stone Tristar.Wouldn't be the first time PF releases freeware for sale...>panel (2d) doesn't 'look' as nice or as well drawn as the>freebie from Marco Spada.... OK, so this new one has a 3dSee above :)

Guest QFA001

I agree with both of you guys I didn't have intention arguing with you Paul.What I really meant is I can see many requests/criticism on developer forums which is handled by professional way from both parties (developer and the customer). But I've seen postings that I was surprised if not shocked the developer even left it on it's forum. Some people believes by paying $20-40 they will own the developer. What I think the developer should respect reasonable feedbacks and offers but when it get's into either the "your airplane/scenery/whatever sucks and the other 100 product that I bought is working on my perfect machine" or "it's a nice product but on the real plane there is a hidden switch under the toilet I think you should add that into the upcoming patch" should be ignored/deleted to free up development time for REAL issues.QuantasluvrEdit: Paul when I said we should select our words I wasn't talking about your posting I was talking about in general. I think your posting was pretty fair.

Quote from Pilots GMBH (http://www.l1011tristar.com/)March 17th: We are working. Currently on the box. Check here ... Who works on the box, if he does not intend to release the product? So please stay tuned. I will not say a date. But it will be really soon. (Compared to how long the project took so far.) Models are gold. Completely new animations have been implemented. Gauges are in final testing. FM is currently being tuned to Gauges. Manual needs some translation. Volunteers neededI think they read this forum ;)

Guest erahmig

> I can recommend the Clipper, having it myself. Do be prepared> for very long flights though, typical routes are 15-24 hours> (and an autopilot not dissimilar to the one in the MAAM R4D).OK, thanks. You're the second person to recommend the Clipper. I might just have to spend the money and get it :).Eric

Guest Erick_Cantu

The EMB-120? It's coming along well I guess, though my part in the development is near completion as I hand the model to Steve A. for fitting of interior details and such...Once it's done with I'll probably start easing my way back into FS with a few 727 variants or maybe something else...at this point I'm pretty open.On an earlier subject...One of the joys of being apathetic is I don't have the problem other developers have with pointing out faults. I'm so close to leaving FS anyway, I just don't care. It's pretty awesome, actually... :+

Are 'hence' and 'whilst' still words? I forget.

Depends on where your from... :-badteeth

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest Keyser Soze

Hi Al,I agree with your comment about Perfect Flight. Because I was unexperienced and wanted to buy every commercial aircraft add-on available for FS2004 (I had an occasional access to the internet and I discovered there are any commercial add-on's for FS after 3 years of flightsimming with default and freeware aircraft - well, some of them are pretty nice though) and I was hungry for more and more aircraft with FMC's, beautiful panels etc. So I bought PF's "Fly The B717" because I wanted to add a piece into my collection of Boeings where were PMDG 737 and VMAX RFP 747 at that moment. Well, I was pretty shocked when I installed it and loaded the aircraft in the FS. I was used for the top quality of the above mentioned products and now this #@$%! It was like a hit into my face. I would think that might be a decent (not superb though, like things from SGA or Vistaliners) freeware add-on! Their products are overpriced and now I saw the screenshots and the price of 24 EURO! Wheew. Abacus makes the similar quality but they charge 10 USD only and that seems ok to me.Well, I'm pretty sure I won't buy anything from Perfect Flight in the nearest future and thank you for the link to the Pilot's L-1011. I use the beautiful Mike Stone's model too but I haven't found any really good freeware panel for it and the screenshots at Pilot's page look so fantastic!

Then why are you asking?I'm only 32 and use those words regularly in conversation as well as most everyone I know :)Gotta love the Education system...

Howard H.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world"

-Mahatma Gandhi

Guest panda234

ok, tried to stay out of it, but here goes. It's great for a $9.95 cheapie, it is. It's for the kids that play this game. So let's not waste out time. This is not where their audience is. It's where you drop your kids off. Good luck to them. rgds,billg