Sign in to follow this  

We wished for a Tristar...such a shame about the response!

I don't know. It sounds affected. 'Whilst' is archiac, after all. But maybe that's point - maybe Paul wanted to sound like some soggy dandy. Not that there is anything wrong with that, it happens. What do you think?

Guest DrBob

This is a useful post for a guy like me as I usually don't know all the details about the planes I consider buying. I generally buy without reservation any product made by Dreamfleet, although by FS18 Lou will be getting on in years and Paul's JD use may affect things by then, lol!I passed on the Concorde by PSS because I just don't have time to learn to fly evey complex plane that is released but I sure wish I had the time, but I've got the airbus and the Dash 8. I have several FSD products and the quality there is reliable. Buying the DC-3 from MAAM is a no brainer.The Flight1 Archer is a nice package. Did you make that one too Lou?My last splurge was to get the PFC jetliner yoke and rudder pedals with a throttle quadrant. Lou's hardware reviews on the other site were very helpful in decided on these fine products. Those of us who have been around for awhile in this hobby know where to find quality add ons and we know who are the ones who cut corners and who are the ones who have a history of 'borrowing' other people's hard work.So you guys always steer folks like me in the right direction when it comes to pointing out the planes not to buy! Bob S Reno, NV

Guest A321

>>>The flight model is joke. Jack rabbit acceleration, poor>roll>>response, nearly non-existent yaw control, and terrible>ground>>handling. Very unrealistic feeling! >>Ah, very unrealistic feeling!? Are you a realworld Tristar>pilot, that you can judge this?>I'm allways getting suspicious if someone is making such>statements in a kind of bashing thread, who has so far only>made 3 posts in total in the AVSIM forums. That's smelly!>>WolfgangPlease Reply Wolfgang........ Starting with sorry.. Oh come on dont be shy, I think the guy you tried to make look a fool, just blew you out of the water..I guess a sorry would be nice.There is just too much of the old "Are you a RW Pilot?" in this forum, I guess to most of us who are not, FDE's are subjective, suffice it to say, when someone questions FDE's before the usual"Are you a RW Pilot? what the #### do you know", how about asking them why they think its so, in a less sarcastic manner.Now thats SmellyJasonJason

Great to hear from your Dr.Bob. I haven't seen you at Mt.Rose for a while. Will be there March 28-31.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

>>>Please Reply Wolfgang........ Starting with sorry.. Oh come on>dont be shy, I think the guy you tried to make look a fool,>just blew you out of the water..>A couple of items to go over here. The "poster" is new with only a few previous postings, and no credentials or history was provided with the "mini review". I might have thought the same thing as Wolfgang. Half the time, I don't know if someone is talking about flying a real plane or a simulated one. Sometimes I really don't know if someome is a real life commercial captain, or a virtual reality VA pilot. But now that credentials are stated to support the reply, All is Well!L.Adamson

But you do speak Noo Yoahk pretty well, don't you?

While I am not a TriStar pilot I am an older aerospace engineer currently working for Lockheed Martin. I was also on the development team for the DC-10 and worked as a liaison engineering pilot for McDonnel-Douglas. So I can assure you that both the DC-10/MD-10/MD-11 and L-1011 flew superbly, with very well harmonized controls and precise controlability that could easily make you forget how massive they were. The flight models of some recent commercial products, such as the Level-D 767, PMDG 737, and Flight1 ATR42-500 feel "realistic" to me. The Perfect Flight L-1011 flight model just flat out behaves improperly, in my humble opinion.:-lol Wolfgang, you have a little egg on your right sleeve.

Eric 

>> I can recommend the Clipper, having it myself. Do be>prepared>> for very long flights though, typical routes are 15-24>hours>> (and an autopilot not dissimilar to the one in the MAAM>R4D).>>OK, thanks. You're the second person to recommend the Clipper.>I might just have to spend the money and get it :).>>Eric>Certainly if you're in Europe (and maybe elsewhere as well depending on shipping cost), do order the CD from them directly.It's cheaper than either buying it elsewhere or the download version! That "introductory" offer was never rescinded so the "temporary" price is still current (or was a year ago when I bought it).