Sign in to follow this  
Guest ba747heavy

Airliner liveries...

Guest dljolly

Am I just too old fashoned, or are the new paint schemes just getting less and less interesting?Saw the new UAL scheme...the "Ted" tail is an interesting stylization of the logo, but it loses me after that, the fuselage looks like a big and boring bizjet and the bold UNITED just doesn't seem to "fit".Like Delta, pretty tail then just blah...Asiana uses interesting buff over white, the old ANA with the sweeping two tone blue, the new NWA is a white ghostish horror, can't even see all their classic logo (is it an N with an arrow pointing NW, a W, enigmatic). The BA Landor scheme, elegantly simple and stylish.I miss cheatlines and sweeping curves of color (ala Aviaca) that imply speed and grace. So many new schemes seem too simple, too bland, too...white! Acres and acres of white aluminum. I liked the old KLM with the white tail, Continental is quite sophisticated in a understated way (nice tail), the old Ethiopian colors were striking.I've lost track, liveries change so often (need to get back into the airliner mags again...) but the trend frustrates me. Was good to see UPS with a very nice new look, graceful....or is it just me? Your thoughts?Cheers to all...dirty side down.Dave

Guest ba747heavy

>Its all an effort to save money though :)And thats the key. I find UALs TED and UAL NC horrid, but the NW NC is pretty nice. SONG is boring, etc etc :) Whatever is needed to save a buck.Of course, then you have BA, which just has the nicest livery of all ;)