Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Oom Are Now Worse Than Before

All I have active within fsx is orbx global two add-on airports. A flight 280 miles and OOM as I land, last night it OOM turning final.

Fantastic aircraft, until you try to fly from A-B

Feel like binning it.

Before with the 200 it was "just" OK I would get "dings" as I was shutting down. Now 3 flight RAAS turned of outside model turned OFF. Auto gen set to "normal"

The NGX never. not once did I get a OOM, never had a OOM at all until the 777.

Anyway......feel very frustrated with it. Better leave it at that.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

What's you Texture_max_load?

What is your LOD_radius?

What are your cloud's resolution set to?

Do you fly with Ai traffic?

How many sceneries are activated in your scenery library all at once?

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Hi,

I have a top end pc and have the same experiance.. Yesterday I delete B777-200 & 300 completely, restarted my computer and make a new install, now my VAS is about 3,2- 3,7, before i was constantly on around 3,7 to 4 (OOM)

Don't now if  this will work for you, but get it a try at least..  Never had a OOM before, and I'm a heavy tweaker.. :-)

Me too, I´ve the same expearience. On and on OOM´s and only with the 777. In my desperation built up 2 fsx.cfg one with low details for the 777 and one with max details for the other planes. But I can try to reinstall the whole thing, maybe it work´s like u said.

What's you Texture_max_load?

What is your LOD_radius?

What are your cloud's resolution set to?

Do you fly with Ai traffic?

How many sceneries are activated in your scenery library all at once?

REX4 DX5 or what ever they are call, the lowest res ones

AI Traffic 8% MY

I already said.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

REX4 DX5 or what ever they are call, the lowest res ones

AI Traffic 8% MY

I already said.

When all else fails, save and reload your flight before top of descent.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Me too I get OOM when on final. This on a flight from LSZH or LSGG to EBBR. A distance of approx 310-330nm that I fly only from within the VC. If I switch often to outside views, the OOM's are coming sooner.

I do not own the B773, so flights where with B772 and B77F.

I'll try to do a flight with the High Res VC option off.

FTX Global

Vector

EU LC

Opus for the weather

REX 4 Texture Direct

cloud textures are 1024 and not 32-bit

I wish PMDG would considder 2048 pixel paints. I mean, the 4096 textures are gorgeous and very detailed... But like with the Qwings Avro's, they are pushing me to OOM's very quickly.

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

I have a top end pc and have the same experiance..

Makes no difference at all.  So long as you have over 4Gb a GFX card from around 2010 and a I5 you are set.  FSX can't use more than 4Gb, doesn't make use of SLI, barely makes use of new GFX cards, doesn't really understand multi-core, it was released 8 years ago.

Texture_max_load has nothing to do with VAS...AI traffic and LOD setting has ..

It does make a difference, albeit slight.

I find the 777 uses about 800mb, you aren't going to run that from UK2000 EGLL V3 with ORBX England, it's more than FSX can handle.  I have found you need to reduce AI traffic mines around 15%, turn off all addon scenery other than the departure and destination airports, LOD around 3.5.

The (unfortunately) short answer is that we need a new sim.

Ian R Tyldesley

Sounds like duplicate afcad files. Did you run the aec configuration from ftx global? Does your traffic program have its own afcad files too?

Please explain better. where is this global config?

------------

Just installed the NGX and did the same flight, perfect.

I just had my first OOM, but that was on a flight from FSDT KLAX to UK2000 EGLL surrounded by FTXeu England that took 10 hours.

OOM occured at 240ft AGL.

I also had NL2000 photoreal entire Netherlands activated. And it was on Vatsim (Loads of traffic around London at the time). so... 

bring on 64 bit I say. Having to turn off all scenery except where you are taking off/landing from is a pain. I do it for my big livestream events like Cross the Pond, etc... but for a random casual overnighter? mmm....

Please explain better. where is this global config?

------------

Just installed the NGX and did the same flight, perfect.

There should be a program installed if you have version 1.15 of FTX Vector, called FTX Global Vector Configurator. The last tab has an autorun program that will disable the vector elevation files for all your addon airports.

Also you need to look at your traffic program, if it is mytraffic there are bgl files to remove for each airport that you have addon scenery for.

The NGX uses much less memory than the 777X that is why you could complete a flight with one but not the other.