Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Oom Are Now Worse Than Before

Wotan, I have considered my CPU, but it is a well tested Sandybridge, 2600K, stable 24/7 under stress testing for stability. I think the big question is, what do those who have the issue have in common as far as their computer hardware and software, vs those who don't. That little equation would probably provide some very useful information to the PMDG developers

I entirely agree with you David, but that is a different situation to your post above under which you claimed that "PMDG released the product too early and that it needed more testing".  

You need to work with PMDG, raise a support ticket and get the issue resolved, but that is a far cry from insinuating that PMDG rushed to release.

...Just as an aside, are you testing with Prime95?  I have found that my CPU can appear stable under Prime, but load up something like 'Watch Dogs' (yes i know it's terrible) and i experience crashes as above, reduce the overclock to 4.1Ghz and it's absolutely fine.

Ian R Tyldesley

I didn't mean to insinuate they rushed to release an unfinished product, I meant that the release build should have got extensive beta testing, or, perhaps, a public beta release where u may have effectively hundreds of beta testers to report to PMDG in a more bug-specific forum to collect data on new releases...example...eagle dynamics who have the dcs a-10c.

This link Jim?http://support.preci...mory-oom-errors

That's the link David. Thanks. Funny but I tried to copy your link (which works) and edit the link in my post and it continues to show a bad link. I just wanted to be sure everyone was aware of the 777 Introduction Manual and this link as I did not see them mentioned in the topic. I personally do not see OOM's when using the PMDG 777 unless it is a flight longer than 2 hours. Then, I will begin to see FSUIPC warnings of an impending OOM but I certainly do not blame the PMDG 777. If you read the link or the 777 Intro, it will tell you that the 777 only takes about 700 or 800 MB's of VAS. I think the problem has more to do with high eye-candy settings and other addons running in the background (like a weather program, AI, GSX, addon airport scenery) and Windows OS functions. For instance, if you have Internet Explorer running in the background while running FSX, expect a quicker doom to FSX.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Sounds like duplicate afcad files. Did you run the aec configuration from ftx global? Does your traffic program have its own afcad files too?

Also you have to uncheck all the addon scenery you have but are not going to fly to. Every time I load fsx, I only check the addon airports at departure and arrival, then run aes config, then run makerunways, then start fsx, let everything load. And reboot the computer and start asn, plan my flight and then load fsx. I cannot run ftx regions or hybrid mode, it uses up too much vas, so only ftx global for me. Making sure there are no duplicate afcad files.

This way fsx can run fine. Using these steps, no more oom.

I think OOM's will more and more become a big issue with heavy loaded FSX...ASN, Flightsim Commander, REX, PMDG Aircraft and highly complex Orbx scenery all combined is truely massive for the eye but with only 4 GB of RAM

unfortunately difficult to handle for ANY system... As it doesn't matter whether you have 32 GB of RAM or only 4-5. Hopefully we get a stable 64-bit sim-platform soon! P3D already confirmed that they're working on a 64-bit version but the time of

release could still be years away...

Also you have to uncheck all the addon scenery you have but are not going to fly to. Every time I load fsx, I only check the addon airports at departure and arrival, then run aes config, then run makerunways, then start fsx, let everything load. And reboot the computer and start asn, plan my flight and then load fsx. I cannot run ftx regions or hybrid mode, it uses up too much vas, so only ftx global for me. Making sure there are no duplicate afcad files.

This way fsx can run fine. Using these steps, no more oom.

You do know you don't have to do all that right? Activate all your airports and run aes config so it recognizes all the airports and just leave it like that. Then just disable the airports you are not flying to and save. Aes will still work at all the airports as long as they are activated when you start fsx

Pierre

turn off all addon scenery other than the departure and destination airports,

This is unacceptable.

Also you have to uncheck all the addon scenery you have but are not going to fly to.

Thanks but ridiculously time consuming.

I think that the aircraft is probably right on the limit of what FSX is capable of supporting.

Sadly, my experience is that the product is just a little beyond what FSX can handle.  The PMDG is the only jet that causes me OOMs.

I can imagine that OOMs are enormously frustrating

Yes they are:  it's very hard to plan and enjoy a flight living in constant fear of an OOM.

spacer.png

This is unacceptable.

Lol - In that case may I wish you the best of luck then getting that square peg into the round hole.

Ian R Tyldesley

Thanks but ridiculously time consuming.

This is unacceptable.

As in  the t7 introduction manual there is  a tool that you can download  which with one click can do this for  you

http://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

In my humble opinion, PMDG should be having a complete rethink right now. Great product but for a system well past it's sell-by-date and that is a real shame. You have a great and loyal following who will follow you wherever you go provided you remember who gave you your current position and the support to enable you to develop over the years - your loyal customers.

P3D for sure, fairly priced for us student and aspiring ATPL's which should be no more than a license agreement and a few code tweaks.

X-Plane? Maybe more effort required but ooms gone for ever.

As I said, that's my humble opinion having just had my first ever oom in FSX. Yup, the T7.

Chris Stanley VTCC

Lol - In that case may I wish you the best of luck then getting that square peg into the round hole.

Probably doesnt matter anyhow, as I have said elsewhere, the PMDG T7 is the last FSX product I will ever buy.

As in  the t7 introduction manual there is  a tool that you can download  which with one click can do this for  you

http://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/

Got it already, somewhat useful, but still somewhat labor intensive being that I have to adjust scenery for a different flight plan every time.

In my humble opinion, PMDG should be having a complete rethink right now.P3D for sure, fairly priced for us student and aspiring ATPL's which should be no more than a license agreement and a few code tweaks.

Agreed, FSX is clearly a dead end.

spacer.png

I also think that as soon as PMDG make up their mind about their serious future, the platform they support will grow out of all proportion to where it is now.

My only fear is that P3D pricing will forget the core that has supported them to date. I hope not.

Opus, Orbx, ASN, UK2000, Majestic, Aerosoft et al are already there satisfying the needs of us students - come on PMDG and help us with a Fall cebration to remember.

Chris Stanley VTCC

In my humble opinion, PMDG should be having a complete rethink right now.P3D for sure, fairly priced for us student and aspiring ATPL's which should be no more than a license agreement and a few code tweaks.

Agreed.  XPX is not the future for us PMDG folks though as Austin seems insistent on catering to mainly GA fliers.  LM needs to be more flexible on the P3D licensing.  After all, what's the big deal with opening it up to the general market?  Good PR for them.

spacer.png

When I look at the P3D licensing and the way P3D react to comments is very clear to me that us enthusiastic would be ATPL folks are more than welcome in their community as we get our heads round learning about aviation hands on. Education runs the gamut from pre kindergarten through seniors classes on just about anything. I know educationally where I fit on that line.

Chris Stanley VTCC