Sign in to follow this  
blazer05

Something Very Odd - Not Even Sure This Is A Pmdg Issue

OK after loading the 777 and having it loaded for around 20 minutes, I lose mouse functionality in the initial view.  Until then - clicks and middle wheel function and manipulate the sim without issue.

I am using EzDok but do not have this issue in other PMDG aircraft.  This issue arose after installing SP1.  Note I have not yet purchased the 777-300 version.

What is odd is that I cannot change anything on the MCP for example using the mouse.  But if I move to my MCP view using EzDok then my mouse works and I can change HDG, etc.  It does not matter what view I am in - I can make changes.  But if I navigate back to the original "pilot" view - no mouse.

I am thinking I need to reinstall my 777 and the SP1.  Any other thoughts?

Franklin Duncan

Birmingham AL

Franklin Duncan

Your viewpoint is inside the pilot's seat preventing you from clicking anything. Move your viewpoint a bit forward and try again.

My one remaining wish with the 777 (and future 747v2), is that we might someday be able to toggle the headrests off.

The view-shift bug is not PMDG's fault, there isn't really much anyone can do about it, but just being able to remove the headrests would go a long way toward mitigating part of it. In older PMDG aircraft, I would always move the seats as far back as they would go, and never really had an issue. 

I have set up a secondary hat switch for eyepoint adjustments, which works, but if I could just get rid of the headrests I'd never really have to bother.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Thanks Preston - will change my viewpoint and report back.

Franklin Duncan

KEKY

Franklin Duncan