Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Tanzanian Teen Launches Campaign To Fund Flight School...

...and dream of becoming an astronaut!  Aviation eBrief's lead article today is an inspiring story of a young man from a tiny village in Tanzania who has dreamt "B I G" since he was seven years old.

Today, at fifteen he has just completed his first year at Florida Air Academy with the help of a partial scholarship from "Epic Change," a nonprofit that raises money for education and technology.

Here is a link to the aforementioned Aviation eBrief article. I've already made a small Kickstarter pledge to help him attain his goals.

http://r.smartbrief.com/resp/fVmOBWBepMCHzSjeCicOiECicNFvYZ?format=standard

I encourage everyone to read this terrific speech he made to his ROTC class. Here are the final few sentences of his speech. Very few fifteen year olds can be this articulate and polished:

Adults who have been abused as children grow up being scared to defend their human rights. I believe child abuse is the cause of all human rights violations because it makes even adults scared to defend their human rights. As Nelson Mandela once said, “The true character of a society is revealed in how it treats its children.”

Nelson Mandela also said, “To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.” I believe to deny people their human rights is also to destroy the possibility of the world we all dream of. Without human rights, we’ll never have peace, justice, happiness and liberty.

http://gideongidori.tumblr.com/post/83807886813/my-rotc-speech-on-human-rights

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator