Sign in to follow this  
nathanpinard

Need Help Deciding First Tubeliner

Q400, at the risk of committing FS heresy i'd say it was probably the best simulated plane around currently.

Also as above, Aerosoft are replacing (at cost) the x-tended this year (probably quite soon), no point in buying a soon to be obsolete product...not to mention that the FSL A320 might be out sometime before the heat death of the universe, probably not much before. 

Ian R Tyldesley

FSL A320 might be out sometime before the heat death of the universe

Even if it makes it before the heat death of the universe, it will be a FSX only add-on. At least that is what the developers communicated. No Prepar3d version planned so far. But my bet is that it will never be released anyways...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Even if it makes it before the heat death of the universe, it will be a FSX only add-on. At least that is what the developers communicated. No Prepar3d version planned so far. But my bet is that it will never be released anyways...

FSL have said they will look into a P3D version...but like PMDG, this will be a 'professional' add on and attract a premium price.  For the record i complete disagree with this approach, not that it makes much difference.

It will be released, of that i have little doubt, they have way to much invested in this project to abandon it; there Concorde (from what i have seen on Youtube and read here in the forums) looks like a superb product.

I am a little unhappy with Aerosoft charging for what is essentially a Service Pack of the Airbus x-tended, BUT, i will probably buy whichever is released first, for FSX that is.

Ian R Tyldesley

I am a little unhappy with Aerosoft charging for what is essentially a Service Pack of the Airbus x-tended, BUT, i will probably buy whichever is released first, for FSX that is.

If it's an expansion to it, I'm find with that. But if it's just bug fixes and maybe 1 or 2 features that's different.

If it's an expansion to it, I'm find with that. But if it's just bug fixes and maybe 1 or 2 features that's different.

I think that's subjective to each individual.  Aerosoft would say it's an expansion; to me it looks like a service pack, i really don't see the difference between the enhanced features on the new Airbus and the features PMDG have added to the service pack with the 777.

I would prefer to buy the FSL version myself, but i have pretty much given up on it coming out soon.

Ian R Tyldesley

i really don't see the difference between the enhanced features on the new Airbus and the features PMDG have added to the service pack with the 777.

True. But the PMDG 777 has a 90 dollar price tag. The AXE is around 45 dollars (e.g. at PC Aviator). Then add the approx. 15 dollars for the upgrade to the new version, then you get a total price of 60 dollars. So what's the problem? It's still much cheaper than the PMDG 777. PMDG charges you for the service pack right in the beginning. If you ask me, the Aerosoft model is much more transparent...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

PMDG charges you for the service pack right in the beginning.

First time I heard this that pmdg charges you for  service packs?  

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

True. But the PMDG 777 has a 90 dollar price tag. The AXE is around 45 dollars (e.g. at PC Aviator). Then add the approx. 15 dollars for the upgrade to the new version, then you get a total price of 60 dollars. So what's the problem? It's still much cheaper than the PMDG 777. PMDG charges you for the service pack right in the beginning. If you ask me, the Aerosoft model is much more transparent...

From the Aerosoft store the Airbus x-tended is 40 euros add the 15 euros for the x-tended x2 and you get 55 euro.  The 777 is around 67 euro, the Aerosoft airbus is only around 10 euro cheaper for a medium modelled plane.

Disagree, if the 777 hadn't needed a service pack they wouldn't have given us one.  They charge a premium, but they offer a premium product.

Don't get me wrong, i like the Aerosoft x-tended, i expect to have to pay for additional models, i don't like having to pay for (what i believe) is a service pack.  Obviously as i said above this is subjective.  

In any case i have no wish to derail the OP's thread and this discussion is not part of the question.

Ian R Tyldesley

Milviz Boeing 737-200... Great plane FMS and non FMS version

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

he Q400 appears to have a bit of issues with P3D but...

Actually, a patch was just released a few days ago for P3D.

I have and am experienced with every high end addon aircraft for FSX, and the Q400 won't disappoint you at all.  Airbus aircraft are designed to limit pilot interaction (more automated) and Boeing takes the opposite approach.

If you're into systems operations, the Q400, PMDG NGX or Leonardo Maddog are what you're looking for, pretty much in that order. If you're looking for a REAL Multicrew Experience (Shared Cockpit) then it's the Leonardo Maddog (price was reduced not to long ago, but the graphics aren't as sharp as the later aircraft models - though this is also true of the real aircraft) or you can purchase the pilot version of the Q400 and for slightly more money the Professional Q400 (when released) is the best shared cockpit I've ever experienced - off the charts incredible!  Stop by the OVPA Live Flight Stream to see it in action.

I hope this helps you with your decision!

Dave

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I've been looking at the Q400, and unless I'm very much mistaken it looks like it's the only currently P3D 2.2 native airliner that gives PMDG a run for their money in terms of system fidelity?

Are the flight dynamics up there with the systems modelling?

Are the flight dynamics up there with the systems modelling?

Very much so, the FDE runs externally to the FSX model it's arguably the best Aircraft available for either FSX or P3D.  The only negative i can think of would be FS2Crew only has the voice control version.

Ian R Tyldesley

Very much so, the FDE runs externally to the FSX model it's arguably the best Aircraft available for either FSX or P3D.  The only negative i can think of would be FS2Crew only has the voice control version.

Well that's reassuring, thanks :)

Think I might have to pick it up, gives me something to play with in advance of FSLabs and PMDG getting their P3D act together.

The Q400 has a lot of systems and dynamics modelling running externally to FSX, and the result is stunning frame rate performance and low cpu/gpu demand.

With the Q400, even with an 'average' system like mine, you can fly to and from complex airports, with good weather, traffic, etc, and still enjoy 30 FPS locked.

That's a huge plus, for me.    In the PMDG NGX and Airbus A320 ("x-tended" lol) I have to make comprimises with settings, when flying from addon airports, or in "busy" FSX areas like London or Amsterdam, but with the Q400 I never have to comprimise.