Sign in to follow this  

P3D V2.3 Beta 2 Testing

Thank you Rob

2.3 is shaping up to be a major step up for P3D performance

So LM listened to your input regarding the stutters.

Haha ... I doubt it was my specific input, but LM listen, read, watch ... Wes isn't on my payroll, however, maybe he'll take bribes? ;)  (joking, just in case that wasn't clear)

I'm curious about what kind of system you used, Rob.

i7 3960X @ 4.4 to 4.6 Ghz, 32GB RAM @ 2000 Mhz, Titan 6GB, 3TB SSDs

Are you not seeing the shimmers as much in 2.3 without the use of SGSS AA?

I'm not seeing shimmers with standard MSAA (but I run 2560 x 1600 so take that into account - the higher the resolution monitor the less the need for AA - can't wait for a 4K monitor) ... check my settings and in the link I provided above, SGSS AA is not being used and I don't see any shimmers in my video, in fact I have AA all set to Application controlled.

What water textures are you using?  If its REX 4 which  set?

REX 4 is not being used in this video -- P3D defaults.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob,

Did they improve the water textures then?

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

and.... SLI?

No mention of SLI yet, but that will require nVidia driver support and LM are working with nVidia.

Do you have anything that you can share about bug fixes?

I'll verify those bugs you listed, but Wes B. wants me to focus on SimDirector so not sure how much of that testing I can get in.  I squeezed this "quick" testing out in the wee hours of the morning and wanted to share my positive results and let folks know that 2.3 is being worked on, the world isn't ending, and LM haven't gone bankrupt ;)

Any chance they will let us increase the LOD_RADIUS?

Haven't tried going beyond 6.5, if I have time I'll manually try via .cfg.

am seeing the Autogen spike with the new Q400 P3d version.

If I can find time and get the Activation of Q400 patch 1.010 to work, I'll try to do some testing with the latest Q400 ... my hunch is I'll need to make AffinityMask adjustments for the Q400, but who knows.  Like I said, Wes has me focused on SimDirector.

Yes ... water textures were improved and continue to be updated (post this build).

This build had a patch installer ... don't know if final 2.3 release will require a wipe and re-install - so far the patch and clearing of the 4 key directories works.  You will need to get updates from some 3rd party vendors (i.e. FSUIPC, Orbx, Virtuali, etc.) most of who are already on top of these 2.3 changes and will most likely be ready to roll out updates when 2.3 is final.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks Rob for the update on P3d v2.3! Would love to see whether this build achieves more even frame timings to eliminate the stutters. Would be really great if it were smooth at 30 fps which it could be with better frame timings. Will you do that analysis again?

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Great video and looks like a nice upgrade - huge thanks to LM

Rich Sennett

I did a re-install of the Q400 1.010 (complete installer from just flight, not the patch) and had no problems with activation. Am still getting the spikes and texture flashing. The good news is that Majestic have figured out what is causing these anomalies, and a fix will be issued in a few days, provided no other gremlins appear. 

regards, Jazz.

Really appreciate you keeping us in the loop Rob (and for LM listening and squirelling away in the background...)!

Would you please be able to comment on whether the "spinning" clouds issue has been fixed (it doesn't look like it's occurring any more in your video)?

Sounds great, thx for the nice video Rob! Can't wait to get the V2.3 patch.

Marko

Marko Barthel

vtadesign_bw.png

Looking good Rob B)

Have they addressed the anisotropic filtering reverting to 4x do you know?... I hope they get this fixed before release, if it has not been corrected already.

I would also love to see the promised 'spinning cloud' affect being addressed, but have all but given up on that option being added :( unless you know different?

Looking good Rob B)

Have they addressed the anisotropic filtering reverting to 4x do you know?... I hope they get this fixed before release, if it has not been corrected already.

I would also love to see the promised 'spinning cloud' affect being addressed, but have all but given up on that option being added :( unless you know different?

I have never seen spinning clouds

Rich Sennett

Everyone gets spinning (Cumulus & Stratus) clouds, as its the way they work in P3Dv2 [which is different to the way they display in FSX]... do some reading on the subject, there is a lot out there :wink:

I have never seen spinning clouds

and I was pulling my hair out because I couldn't get an average higher than 20 fps in highly populated area (Paris). This looks like I might be able to reach 30fps with this newer version.

Er...? The improvement is around 10 to 15%, not 50%! ^_^ So expect reaching 22 and you won't be disappointed. ^_^

Er...? The improvement is around 10 to 15%, not 50%! ^_^ So expect reaching 22 and you won't be disappointed. ^_^

Can't a guy dream ? :-) You would think an AMD R9 290x would be able to get 30 fps...

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.