Sign in to follow this  
HaraldG

Thai Creation Bangkok Don Mueang Available

Now that so many did provide a heads-up regarding a new FS2004 scenery I have to follow:

ThaiCreation VTBD Don Mueang

http://secure.simmarket.com/thai-creation-sawasdee-bangkok-don-mueang-intl-fs2004.phtml

(My opinion: I think there had been airports more necessary to develop in Asia, because for VTBD there's a very good freeware available... What about Brunei, Port Moresby, Male, Kolkata, Pyongyang - with city scenery  ^_^, Almaty, Ulaanbaatar, Dushanbe, Beijing... However, it looks well, and if it gets the requested AES support I probably will buy it.)

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

if it gets the requested AES support
... a sentiment shared by many.

Actually, reading down the "Airports Requested" list in the AES forum is almost like a ticker tape of worthy sceneries! And when they get AES, an endorsement.  

I will probably get this scenery. I have the freeware version but it cause me problems. When take off from the airport my arriving airport has missing textures them the sim crashes after a few seconds. The default VTBD does not cause this problem.

I hate to discourage anyone from supporting a developer who continues to release FS9 sceneries and ThaiCreation make great products. But the freeware VTBD-2011 is a superb scenery and hardly needs to be duplicated IMO... I agree with the other posts - there are plenty of neglected sceneries that would have made better sense.

Thanks for the info...

I actually don't have that VTBD and was more interested in the Airport for who the developer is, as I have a couple of their (fs9) sceneries and love their work so was tempted into this one!! :)

On a side note as I want to start flying into Thailand and only have Phuket (freeware) has anyone got the A_A Sceneries VTBS and is that worth picking up (its $18 euro on simmarket, simmarket.com/bangkok-airport-vol1-suvarnabhumi-international-fs2004.phtml)?

I also have all other Thai Creation airports; in no way I wanted to discredit their efforts - their Mumbai scenery is a true masterpiece. But in the case of VTBD, I think many will stay with Thaiflight's VTBD 2011. And at the end there's the conclusion that FS9 Simmers don't spend money anymore... But a clever selection of airports will always secure good sellings also for FS9 IMHO - see Drzewiecki Design as example.

However there's one thing that makes me probably buy this scenery if it gets AES - the Bangkok city scape.

Flukey, I can't help you with VTBS because I only use a free version. But if you're interested in more sceneries for Thailand, look at this; perhaps there's something you haven't yet:

http://www.avsimrus.com/files.phtml?search=Thailand&sopt_mode=or&folder=44&sopt_title=1&sopt_desc=1&sopt_author=1&sopt_fname=1&sopt_comms=1&minrating=

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

VTBS from SimMarket is a very competent scenery. Worth getting if you fly in Thailand and don't want to use VTBD. I have an old love affair with VTBD from my real world career so I usually fly there into the military side or just fly the R22 around gaping at the sights in what has got to be one of the best freeware sceneries ever released... But you will not be disappointed with VTBS I think - it's definitely of good quality