Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

777-300Er + Ge Engs Rotation/liftoff Problems

Repeatedly having problems at rotation. On reaching Vr, rotation begins, but I then get slammed back down to ground. Only on the 3rd attempt each time am I able to get her to lift off (somewhat undignified though).

Flight EGLL-WSSS, with fuel 106471 kgs, ZFW 230038 kgs and ramp weight 336509 kgs, I set my trim at 5.75 (as per PFPX). Flaps 5 and V speeds 174/184/191.

Any ideas as to what is wrong?

Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

That's getting close to MTOW (not a problem but rotation will be laboured). 

I don't use PFPX but does it give you the same trim as the 777 does? Also have you tried a different controller?

Repeatedly having problems at rotation. On reaching Vr, rotation begins, but I then get slammed back down to ground. Only on the 3rd attempt each time am I able to get her to lift off (somewhat undignified though).

Flight EGLL-WSSS, with fuel 106471 kgs, ZFW 230038 kgs and ramp weight 336509 kgs, I set my trim at 5.75 (as per PFPX). Flaps 5 and V speeds 174/184/191.

Any ideas as to what is wrong?

Cheers, Richard

Yup! thats one heavy aircraft,just check the trim calculated by the aircraft itself,try using those units instead of PFPX(not saying it might be wrong...but it may not be correct :mellow: )

let the speed come close to V2 speed,while rotating add more trim by using the trim feature on the controller itself,this will help in a smooth takeoff,without having to go through a tailstrike or repeated attempts.

warm regards

Hi H!

I shall try as you suggest and report back.

Once in the sky, one marvelous aircraft! And the WXR is something else.

Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

I concur with using FMC calculated trim settings.  I do NOT advise trimming whilst rotating the a/c.  A blip or two to establish V2 + 20 is fine. I can recall many MTOW T/Os without incident....fwiw.

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper