Sign in to follow this  
cubs

Fatal Error After Exiting Fsx With Pmdg 777 Sp1

I do not recall getting the crash with the 200LR. Is anyone else getting the crash with the 200LR ?

Doug

I have gotten it twice prior to SP1, but have not had one for a really long time. I haven't touched the 200LR since the release of SP1, but I have not had a single such incident with the 300ER.

I started getting this error upon exiting FSX after installing SP1, just this, no pausing, no OOMs.

Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.61472.0

Application Timestamp: 475e17d3

Fault Module Name: gdiplus.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.3.9600.17055

Fault Module Timestamp: 53292632

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00006e84

OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1050

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: fsx.exe, Version: 10.0.61472.0, Zeitstempel: 0x475e17d3

Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: kernel32.dll, Version: 6.1.7601.18409, Zeitstempel: 0x53159a85

Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005

Fehleroffset: 0x00011359

ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0xd08

Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01cfaf0fa7864115

Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: D:\FSX\fsx.exe

Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\syswow64\kernel32.dll

Berichtskennung: 56f9c3c9-1b5c-11e4-9175-f46d044fceb0

never had this at exit before SP1

running modules: FSUIPC/LINDA, ASN, EZDOK

I have said it already but I will say it again......FSUIPC fixed it for me.

This bug returned for me with SP1 and again FSUIPC fixed it I think.

Here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/448462-might-have-solved-fsx-crasherror-on-exit/

In the best case this is a workaround for any symptom not for the cause.

The RTM installation didn't crash on exit even though fsuipc was installed and not modified afterwards in any way.

So it should be investigated what modification in SP1 causes the crash to prevent this error.

Personally i don't like any crashes not either on exit and i'm not used to experience one with any of my aircrafts in FSX.

I removed my FSX.cfg, the FSUIPC.dll and the FSUIPC.ini and then reinstalled things.

If i had to remove this files for each of my aircrafts to avoid crashing the sim, i swear,  i'd give up flightsimming! 

Same here, after SP1 and I don’t have 300. It is the same when ending flight with engines running or cold and dark after completion of the flight.

I have unregistered FSUIPC v4.928, I’ll try 4.934.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: fsx.exe
Application Version: 10.0.61637.0
Application Timestamp: 46fadb14
Fault Module Name: kernel32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18409
Fault Module Timestamp: 53159a85
Exception Code:  c0000005
Exception Offset: 00011359
OS Version:  6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID:  1033

If i had to remove this files for each of my aircrafts to avoid crashing the sim, i swear,  i'd give up flightsimming!

Installed SP1b.......CDT after exit FSX is back :-(

Rob Robson

People with crashing on exit, post your TRUSTED section from the fsx.cfg

and also the contents of the dll.xml file

There is usually a bad dll file causing this problem.

After installing the Razbam Metro 3, which had its own DLL that wanted to run every time fsx started, I had this problem again, removed it from the list completely and no more hanging on exit. FSUIPC has nothing to do with it. Some people need to stop giving bad advice that only confuses people who are overwhelmed by all the tweaking required to get fsx working.

Did the same thing as after installing SP1.....deleted the FSUIPC.INI, FSUIPC.dll and FSX.cfg......and after the last two flight, FSX exit without error :-) :-)

I do not know which of these 3 things fixes my problem (or masks the cause if you want).....but it has worked for the third time in a row now for me!

So I am not sure how relaying this kind of info is bad info??

Oh....and as for tweaking.....I have had zero tweaks since SP1......and zero tweaks now after SP1b, and still....every time I install the PMDG original version or SP1 version or SP1b version I end up with the CDT on exit problem !

No Highmemfix

No bufferpools

no nothing.....I even left the default "Wideviewaspect=false" line unchanged!

Not overclocked!

No virus scanner installed on PC

Only addons I have installed are:

UTX where available

GEX worldwide

FlyTampa Vienna

OPUS FSX (but I have not used it for a while)

PMDG777200

I never said FSUIPC is the cause of my CDTs!!!!

What I have said very very often is that FSUIPC FIXES my CDTs on exit.

But for some reason this fix is broken when I reinstall something from PMDG.

I am not saying PMDG is at fault for this either!

All that..... I AM .....saying is that the problem goes away when I take the steps listed at the beginning of this and other posts of mine.

In the hope that if someone is realy realy desperate about this problem that he/she reads this and gives it a shot.

post your TRUSTED section from the fsx.cfg

TRUSTED?.....what is that?

In my case it does not matter anyway......I use the untweaked original FSX.cfg.

It should not even matter if I delete it or not......because the recreated FSX.cfg will be exactly the same as the one I just deleted.

But I do it anyway......just to be sure.....and it works.

(deleteing only the FSUIPC.ini file did not help by the way.....that is why I went all the way and decided to delete all 3 above mentioned files)

and also the contents of the dll.xml file

There is usually a bad dll file causing this problem.

Ok yes good idea....I can do that......but where can I find that file please?

FSUIPC has nothing to do with it. Some people need to stop giving bad advice that only confuses people who are overwhelmed by all the tweaking required to get fsx working.

FSUIPC fixes the problem for me......without FSUIPC even my clean vanilla FSX install CDTs on exit (no idea why).

I tweak as little as possible.

I do not give bad advice.....I post my findings so others can use them (or not).

Rob Robson

Stop giving out bad advice. Each day is some new snake oil you share with the forums. You are not a pilot and not a computer expert.  You are just adding more noise and confusing anyone trying to search the forums for good advice. Stop playing pretend.

Same here, after SP1 and I don’t have 300. It is the same when ending flight with engines running or cold and dark after completion of the flight.

I have unregistered FSUIPC v4.928, I’ll try 4.934.

Updating FSUIPC – no change

Installed SP1b.......CDT after exit FSX is back :-(

Updated with SP1b – no change

Also, deleting fsx.cfg and having a fresh one – no change (so I restored it)

Additionally, loading a saved flight like 20nm before T/D when message usually shows “Initializing system…” it crashes every time.

To make long story short, this problem CTD ending flight after landing or loading saved flight, appears to be related to only one particular saved flight that I created after SP1.

I have created new flight with different livery but I loaded same panel state and there was CTD again after landing and ending flight.

So I tried bunch of other saved flights with ready for takeoff, before T/D and 30nm before landing and they were fine. No CTD. I even used instant replay of 120 sec after landing then ended replay and ended flight normally.

FYI, in case someone has missed readme version info for SP1 ;

VERY IMPORTANT:  Due to the huge number of changes we made to the 777, we were not able

to maintain backward compatibiltiy with any saved flights.  We recommend that you delete

all of your 777 saved flights and panel state files in order to prevent accidentally

loading one of them.

I had deleted all saved flights and panel states on initial SP1 as per instructions but had a problem on one of the newly saved ones – now it’s gone.

So I think there was something wrong with that panel state when the flight was saved from the beginning and any subsequent flight saves must have carried the bug with it.

So I think there was something wrong with that panel state when the flight was saved from the beginning and any subsequent flight saves must have carried the bug with it.

Well yeah......if you are having problems the last thing you want to do is keep trying a saved flight or panel state.

Stop giving out bad advice. Each day is some new snake oil you share with the forums. You are not a pilot and not a computer expert. You are just adding more noise and confusing anyone trying to search the forums for good advice. Stop playing pretend.

What is your problem man?

How about sharing with me where to find that dll.xml file and then helping me with interpreting that, rather than just accusing me of all kinds of things?

Rob Robson

How about sharing with me where to find that dll.xml file

It resides in your user/data/roaming/Microsoft/fsx   down the middle

Might help if you add you full name  since you don't want your post being  deleted :P

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Rob, let me pretend to help you. To find your DLL.XML, go to the same dir that your fsx.cfg is located.

Example U:\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Firstly, download Notepad +  here http://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v6.6.8.html

Install, then once installed, right click on the DLL.xml and select edit with notepad +

Copy the contents from the xml and post in this thread, and I will pretend I know if something is wrong.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Rob, let me pretend to help you. To find your DLL.XML, go to the same dir that your fsx.cfg is located.

Example U:\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Firstly, download Notepad +  here http://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v6.6.8.html

Install, then once installed, right click on the DLL.xml and select edit with notepad +

Copy the contents from the xml and post in this thread, and I will pretend I know if something is wrong.

Thx Julian,

I would be surpised if something is wrong.

As I mentioned before I do not have many addons installed.

Here we go:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>

<Disabled>True</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>PMDG Interface</Name>

<Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_Interface.dll</Path>

<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>

<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>RAASPRO</Name>