Sign in to follow this  
Guest av84fun

Just put MegaCity Denver through its paces ...WOW!

Guest melevine

Bob,Unfortunately, the northern boundary reaches a bit south of Fort Collins(not even close to Wyoming). The southern boundary is a few miles below Castle Rock.R/Mike

Guest melevine

Don,Not to worry! If you run FS9 in "full screen" mode....hit ALT + ENTER which opens the "windowed" mode. Now hit OPTIONS --> SETTINGS---> DISPLAY ---->Now, copy down the settings your currently are running under the "Scenery"..."Weather"...."Hardware" tabs. Close down the sim.Install MC Denver and this time allow it to make the changes. Run the sim and see how it responds. Should you not like the appearance of something, you can merely go back to the settings and compare the newly changed settings with your previous one. If needed, you can now make any tweaks you desire in the direction of your previous settings......all while the sim continues to run. Pretty easy stuff.Hope this helps.Mike

Guest sssummer

How far north does it cover? How about Cheyenne area? I used to fly there. Thanks, regards, Bob.Megascenery and Megacity are two different animals as far coverage area. Megacity Denver is all aerial photography and just covers the Denver metro area, albeit about 3,000 sq miles. Megascenery areas are much larger, composed of a mixture of satellite and aerial photography, for instance, Megascenery Pacific Northwest is 30,000 sq miles, or ten times larger. Hope this helps.

Guest ScottPilot

Hi Mike!Does the Denver mega-scenery have auto gen buildings or just photo images of buildings?I'm curious about this. I also Live in Colorado Springs and am considering purchasing this product.Thanks!Scott HeinzATP/CFII - Instructor Pilot USAFA IFT - 557FTS, Colorado Springs, COSystem Specs:AMD Athlon-64 3000+ Gigabyte K8NS nForce3-250 Chipset 8x AGP Main Board 1GB DDR400 PC3200 Memory 160GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive 16x DVD-ROM Audigy 2ZS Gammer Sound Card5.1 Channel Surround Sound Speakers256MB GeForce-5700 8X AGP Video Cotytech Gaming CaseCH Products Yoke, Rudder Pedals, Throttle QuadrantSaitek Cyborg Gold Joystic for Helo's & Stick equipped aircraftWindows XP Pro SP2

Guest melevine

Hi Scott,I believe that in addition to the photos of various structures, MC Denver does use its own autogen buildings. There are also noticable corrections to FS9's misplaced buildings/stadiums in downtown Denver.I think it is a worthwhile purchase, especially if you do a lot a flying (for real) up and down the front range.R/Mike

Guest ScottPilot

Thanks Mike!I will also give it a try.Scott :-)ATP/CFII - Instructor Pilot - USAFA IFT, 557FTS, Colorado Springs, COSystem Specs: (Built this one myself)AMD Athlon-64 3000+ Gigabyte K8NS nForce3-250 Chipset 8x AGP Main Board 1GB DDR400 PC3200 Memory 160GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive 16x DVD-ROM Audigy 2ZS Gammer Sound Card5.1 Channel Surround Sound Speakers256MB GeForce-5700 8X AGP Video Cotytech Gaming CaseCH Products Yoke, Rudder Pedals, Throttle QuadrantSaitek Cyborg Gold Joystic for Helo's & Stick equipped aircraftWindows XP Pro SP2

Guest DonaldS

Thank you Mike, for the reply.I installed MC Denver and so far, so good.Regards,DonaldS

Guest av84fun

<>Actually, Ft. collins is only a few miles south of the Wyoming border.I used to live in Colo. Spgs. and while I own two other MC titles and like them pretty much, I am going to pass on Denver.Denver doesn't exactly have one of the world's most interesting skylines...when you can see the skyline through the smog that is and Ft. Collins to Castle Rock is less than 100 miles.About the only thing of any interest, to me at least, in that area whould be the mountains and they can me made to look great in vastly greater quantity with some of the excellent texture/mesh/landclass packages available.San Franciso? SOCAL? I get that. Denver, I don't get.Regards,Jim

Guest av84fun

Interesting that some posters here and at flightsim seem very expert about this package but have very few posts on either forum.Just interesting.(;Jim

Just got this package yesterday and am very impressed. I grew up in Denver but now live in the east. The scenery is obviously taken from USGS aerial photography. If you have a very high speed ISP get the NASA World Wind package that allows you to look and zoom in on most areas of the world. It changes from Landsat to USGS as you get closer. I was playing with it and comparing to the Megacity Denver. I was able to pick out my old house, my brother's house, etc in the Megacity. A couple of notes: Autogen must be set high to get downtown Denver to have all the buildings. HOWEVER, that setting greatly distracts from the rest of the scenery since it is based on the USGS photos. Looks very strange to have a 500 ft tree or a 1/4 block size building sitting on top of about 3 residential houses. This is most noticable around 1500-2000 AGL. As I increased my altitude the annoyance decreased. I like the way they've "colorized" the B&W USGS photos; it really looks like Denver especially east of the city. For only $20 this is a very good package. does anyone know the AGL altitude the USGS uses for their photographs??? Mike

Guest dimbo

I can't say for sure, but my guess is that Megacity is derived from the USGS High Resolution Orthoimagery which for Denver is taken in color at a resolution of .3m (1ft) so no coloring of b&w is required. For the USGS DOQQ's the imagery is taken from an altitude of about 20,000 amgl so I would imagine this imagery is probably about the same.

Hi,This is a question to those of you who have the "Privilege to live in Colorado" (Quoting the Denver Post headline):I have MegaCity Denver and FSGlobal 2005. What other scenery would you recommend for this part of the Rockies?Thanks a lot,J.J.JJ StruyfBraine-L'AlleudBelgiumhttp://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI