Sign in to follow this  
BlueLemon

Loosing Power On Takeoff

Good day

this is very new  and it has been going on for 2 weeks now

every time i take off  with or with out me hitting auto flight    the aircraft starts to loose thrust  some times it even hit the ground 

it looks like  my speed thrust  wont go above 193   ...  even if i hit profile  and autoflight  

can any one help

thank u

im using fscreaw for the md11

It was some time ago I flew the MD11, but if I remember well the speed (white digits) must be switch off before the autotrust works properly. ( sure i don't explain this the proper way :-) ). I have to hit the profile buttons sometimes 2 or 3 times before it works.

I'll try it when I'm at home.

edit: I remember again.

Sometimes the speed indicator (the white digits) won't turn black. (you should see no digites.)

Sometimes (very often if I remenber well) you have to push several times at the "fmsspd" button before the digits dissapear.

This happended to me with and without using FS2Crew.

Good luck maybe this helps.

Eric

thanks   i think  i ran into this on my last flight  

will test it and update 

many thanks for ur respond  

I played with it last week. It is explained in the NOrmal Take Off video of Angle Of Attack. Before adding power, click 'AUTOFLIGHT' and push to 70% N1, then push further and the AutoThrust takes over. After rotation you have to pitch to V2+10 knts. Autothrust manages the thrust needed. After a while (maybe it's calculated - I don' exactly know) the autothrust reduces to climb thrust. Keep following the flight director and your speed will increase automatically by steps.

I know this is a lot of experiencing, but eventually you will find out

Jan Kleijn

In addition to my earlier reply I found the next in the FMS reference:

Page 41 - on the TO/APPR page you find an altitude for CLB THRUST and an altitude for ACCEL.

CLB THRUST - Alt at which takeoff thrust can be reduces to climb thrust. Default 1500 ft above airport elevation, pilot alterable, minimum 1000 feet above airport elevation.

ACCEL - Default 3000 feet above origin elevation (small font) where acceleration above V2+10 can begin. Pilot alterable, minimum 1000 feet above airport elevation.

Regards

Jan Kleijn

Check your flex temp setting isn't resulting in a low n1 or epr setting. This has happened to me, just increase the flex temp and you should be fine.

Check your flex temp setting isn't resulting in a low n1 or epr setting. This has happened to me, just increase the flex temp and you should be fine.

If that is his problem, increasing the FLEX TEMP will result in a lower t/o thrust.

Peter Schluter

I beg to differ, in my experience when I set flex temp to assumed OAT I get a very low epr setting like 50.5. When I increase the flex temp even a single degree I get a normal type setting for epr like 105.2. That could be connected to a separate issue or bug I the code.

Your FLEX temperature entry in the FMS (if you are performing a FLEX t/o) should always be higher than OAT, and there will be a maximum temperature you can input.

The higher the FLEX temp you input, the less power the engines produce, thats how FLEX/assumed temperature derate works.

Peter Schluter

Are you retracting flaps correctly when you initiate go-around ?  Perhaps thrust is being reduced because you are trying to fly faster than the flap limit speed ?

Peter Schluter

I don't know what happened there, all my post got deleted ? My issue was power loss at go around. I saved a flight established 10 miles out on GVA ILS 05 to try many GA. What I have noticed is that when pressing the GA keyboard key (G in my case) on short final FLAPS 50 (speed ref about 147 KTS) the plane pitch up gently and goes full GO power.At the time pitch reaches it's target value (around 20°) the plane reached about 20kts faster than target speed of  FLAPS 28/ around 160 KTS so about 180 KTS at its fastest. It then pitch up real high to recover the target 160 KTS speed (About 25°/28° pitch up) As the rate of climb is so high at such pitch/power combination, you quickly come to the ACCEL altitude where you have a faster commanded airspeed coming from FMS. At the same time you have such a high pitch up and maybe there is a trap. For a reason I don't know the FMS or AP does not a good job at gaining the new speed (at ACCEL) quickly and is late reducing the high pitch up from earlier in the procedure. (See about the 20 KTS overspeed during the initial GA procedure) This is when sometime the speed goes from FMS managed (speed windows empty) to a displayed speed (possibly around the FLAPS28 value, which is low at this stage, and you become then under speed protection message and/or power reduction also. It's sounds a bit complicated but of the 5-6 GA I did I got the power reduction about 2 times only. In all cases I noticed the AP is late reducing pitch to gain the new ACCEL speed, sometimes even not before reaching the GA altitude of 7000 FT in case of GVA. The high power and pitch during the procedure is very impressive tought, and I advise anyone to try it as it is a blast. Things go very quickly and you have to enable your diversion airport at the same time before reaching your holding pattern, it's quite busy in the cockpit then...

• Upvote 1

I don't know what happened there, all my post got deleted ?

maybe because you are not following forum rules and signing your posts with your full name.

Peter Schluter

Ok my name is Stephane Kohler and I am deeply apologizing to her majesty the forum admin for not signing my post with my real name... fixed ya for you. 

Ok my name is Stephane Kohler and I am deeply apologizing to her majesty the forum admin for not signing my post with my real name... fixed ya for you. 

Nice attitude.

I have tried to help you in this post with your thrust problem. I also pointed out why possibly your posts had been deleted.

I don't appreciate your sarcasm and won't bother to help you again.

Peter Schluter