Sign in to follow this  
Air1

Rw Single Otter Flight Near Mt. Mckinley

Last week in Talkeetna Alaska I got to take a great sightseeing flight around the Mount McKinley area. I got the right seat in a K2 Aviation DeHavilland DHC-3 turbo Otter. What a beautiful experience flying along side the mountain at 11,900 feet. Here are some shots of the flight around the mountain and down over the glacier flows, some that are up to 4,000 feet thick. Also some comparison shots from MS Flight. Great airport detail and spot on.

Steve   

eCVLSXt.jpg?1

p3XOakY.jpg

WH7elNV.jpg

WfrKXHg.jpg

s3OhR3z.jpg

YFtNVI7.jpg

nT5MkAw.jpg

Aho2eq6.jpg

o1t0EJY.jpg

uwysLdD.jpg

P0lxiXB.jpg

Flying around with Jack near Mt. McKinley

iX3ZS9s.jpg

E96z1s5.jpg

GkMHe0F.jpg

Back to Talkeetna airport, compare to the real approach in first post.

iskeZ5K.jpg

Steve

Looks like a great flight and a great experience! Hope you had fun Steve!  B)

It's a pity though, those images with the CC could have been replaced by a DeHavilland Beaver, if Microsoft hadn't decided to close down Flight so early! :( 

Fabulous images, Steve, thanks very much for sharing. Looks like a great time in Alaska.

As the other Steve mentioned, but did not clarify, :lol: Microsoft Game Studio and the Flight devs would probably have been delighted to include Beavers and Cessnas with floats, and also eventually Boeing jetliners, but all those people demand large royalties, particularly when a large corporation like M$FT :lol: is involved.

The aircraft in the game are from more accomodating companies, or royalty free.

Best regards.

Luis

I wouldn't have been bothered by another prop aircraft being introduced into the game. But all those "hardcore simmers" out there....

I DON'T WANT TO SPEND 30 MINUTES, TRYING TO GET MY AIRCRAFT OFF THE GROUND!

Have a GREAT DAY,

I'll probably calm down in a year or three....

Great shots, Steve. That's where I hope to be next summer. You were lucky to get to see Denali when it was clear of fog and clouds.

Thanks for the flight.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Thank you Steve, really do appreciate all of these great Shots! :excl: 

You were lucky to get to see Denali when it was clear of fog and clouds.

Denali or McKinley depending upon whom you ask was only clear at about 10,000 feet. You could see absolutely nothing from the ground. We were with a small tour group but I saw lots of rental campers on the road. We took a 7 hr car ferry ride from Witter to Valdez. Fill up before Valdez if you are going that way as gas in Valdez was $4.71 per gallon when we were there. Interesting town. We went 92 miles into Denali park to the end of the road and back. Well worth the time.

Steve