Sign in to follow this  
jimmy64

Givin' Some Love To Default Aircraft!

I love my payware planes, but like the Maule in FSX, I'm kinda hooked on the Mooney Acclaim. I don't use it IFR even though it has the G1000, mainly it's just for cruising around the PNW, having a look about, and finding an airport that I've never visited.  It behaves nicely and has a great looking cockpit, and it's made by a payware developer! So, what default aircraft do you secretly love to fly?

James McLees

EH101 - as good as any payware choper IMO

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

EH101 - as good as any payware choper IMO

I was looking at the Dodosim 206. Are you familiar with it or fly with it? If so, how does it compare to the EH101?

James McLees

I was looking at the Dodosim 206. Are you familiar with it or fly with it? If so, how does it compare to the EH101?

Dont fly any payware choppers but the EH101 is the default aircraft of choice and prob the only one I would use, in regards to the Dodosim prob best of searching for reviews..

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

I Gotta agree with you on both!

And it's pretty hard to beat the Air Creation tryc for sightseeing...

chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I agree with this, so many years later and I'm still flying default aircraft. I've had plenty of fun with the Cessna 172, the Baron 58 and the Maule Orion. My first add-on was the Carenado C208B which I got about 6 months ago, but I wasn't too impressed and returned to the defaults again.

My long and fast flyer is the default F-18, although it has been heavily modified using the Blue Angels updates. Makes for a great flyer, both for low ground pounding and high and fast eating miles - cruises at 700+ knots @ 40,000 feet.

Have to say, though, everything else I fly is payware...

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

I use the Trike a lot for testing new airports and sceneries a lot!

The T-6 military trainer is also good. A bit more challenging than most default aircraft, especially energy management on descent. Make sure you enable the two extra realism options.