Sign in to follow this  
DrumsArt

Speech Recognition Settings ?

Hi Dave,

Please, can you explain me how works the "Speech Recognition Settings" ?

Before the version 1.3.0.1 I had no problem with recognition. After the version 1.3.0.1 install, everything I said was unrecognized (no text in window). I tested with the same airport before and after.

I "played" randomly with number (70, 70), things are a little better now but seems not like before. So, if I know the meaning of this option I'll try to refine tuning.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Sure Richard.

The Initial Silence Timeout is the amount of time the Recognition Engine will allow silence and still keep listening for speech.  The number you input is the percentage of 5 seconds, so the 10% default setting is 500 milliseconds (half a second).  The old fixed setting was zero, so if that worked better for you, then I would suggest setting this to 0.  If you tend to press the mic button and think for a half second before speaking, then you may want to raise this a bit.

The End Silence Timeout is how much silence is allowed at the end of a phrase before the engine assumes you have are finished.  The old setting was 1 second, which is the same as the default of  20%.  If you pause for longer periods than a second while delivering a phrase, you can increase this number.

In either case, the Recognition Engine is off until you push the PTT button and when you release it, Recognition is stopped immediately and the engine attempts to recognize what it heard.  This can be a problem if you start talking a fraction of a second before the PTT button press is sensed or release the button a fraction of a second before you finish your phrase.

I recommend waiting a quarter to half second after pushing the PTT before speaking.  You can watch the built-in PTT button turn green after you press your joystick PTT button and you'll notice there is a slight delay. 

Hope this helps,

Dave

Thank you Dave, it's more clear now. I'll test it and report it later. Concerning the PTT I noticed that.

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|