Sign in to follow this  
w9nwrwi

Config & Maint. Voice Speed Question

Pilot2ATC version 1.3.0.1

Under Configuration/Controller voices. 

1. Should all voices work when "T" is selected? I can get 4 of the 11 to work.

2. Should speed of voices (Anna) be adjustable and results be indicated by the "T"?  Voices that I can test (item 1) are extremely fast and no amount of adjustment will change them.  Voice speed within the main window is fine.

I am fairly sure my version 1.3 was ok as far as speed goes.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

Have you any other voices installed apart from ' Anna' like any IVONA voices or others?

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

The voice speed adjustment regulates a variable in the Microsoft Speech Synthesizer from -10 (slower than normal) to 0 (normal) to +10 (faster than normal).  Normally a setting of +1 or +2 will speed up a slow voice to be a more realistic controller speed filled with lots of coffee or tea.  Some voices are more affected than others.  Some even are too fast at normal speed, so slowing them down may help.  Most do fine at 0.

If the voice plays, it should be affected by the speed, but depending on the voice, you may not notice that much of a difference.

If you crank the speed up to +10, it should go so fast you cannot understand it.  If that is not happening, drop me an email (admin@pilot2atc.com) and I'll work with you to see what's wrong.

Dave

Clive & Dave,

Anna is the only voice installed.

I observe that the "T" only works on ATC Center 4, all other "T" will not function.

Changing ATC Center to +10 causes no apparent change, still understandable.  -10, no apparent change from 0.

Test of radio operation from main window, Anna is perfectly understandable with a comfortable speed so

the above is not a game changer on my part, just an observation.

I do notice that when I "X" out of Configuration my Controller settings are not saved, all other settings from

other tabs are saved.

Chuck

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

Chuck what controller/Yoke are you using?

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

I am using the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke system with rudder and throttle quadrant.

Chuck

Hi Chuck.

I believe you hit a bug in the program with the test buttons.  It will be fixed in the next update.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave,

Downloaded the 1.3.0.2 version and installed.

The voice speed is working perfect with a definite change in speed

The bad news is that the only  "T" that works is  ATC center 4.

Also please note that the column containing  the word Speed now looks like this:

Spee

d

And last but not least,  when I exit the Configuration menu, settings are not saved. I am exiting by way of the "X" in the upper right corner, since I do not see a "save" function anywhere else.

Chuck

Hi Chuck.

Thanks for  the feedback.  I fixed the Speed column.

All the "T" buttons work for me.  When you say  they don't work, is it that they say nothing?  Perhaps you could send me a screenshot of your Config screen so I can see if there's something different that would impact the Testing.  Each T button has the voice say their name and that they will be your xxxxxx for  the flight where xxxx is the controller type.

My voice settings all save also.  There is no save button because each change is saved as it is made.  Were you referring to something besides the voice settings not being saved? 

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

When I am in Controller Voices and I mouse over to say Clearance Delivery the "T" box will turn a light blue, when I then hit the T it turns a fairly bright blue but no voice is heard. All are that way with the exception of ATC Center 4 which works just fine.

Regarding the Save function, I changed Misc Setting function (Allowed Altitude variance) and it saved ok.

Just in the ATC voices am I having the trouble with T and Save. During normal operation in flight all voices, Ground, Tower, Approach, ATC, work ok.

Can send a screen shot later if you like.

Chuck

Shot sent to your admin e-mail Dave. 

Maybe some other user will chime in and tell us if they have the same trouble. No sense chasing your tail if the trouble is on this end.

Chuck

Chuck,

Thanks for the screenshot.  It definately helped the debug process.

Apparently, the voice names were not saving properly because none but ATC Center 4 were truly selected, but because there was only one voice installed it looked like Anna had been selected for all controllers.

At any rate.  The fix is in.  If you download the 1.3.0.2 Preview (or later version) again and install it, this issue should be resolved.

Thanks for your help!

Dave

Very good,

Glad you where able to figure it out...Will download and give it a ops check.

Chuck