Sign in to follow this  
Cygnus_X1

Poll: What Is Your Favourite Commercial Jet/ What Region Prefers What Manufacturer?

Favourite Commercial Jet and Regional Manufacturer Preferences  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite commercial jet?

• Airbus A300/A310
    • Airbus A320 Family
    • Airbus A330
    • Airbus A340
    • Airbus A380
    • Boeing 707
    • Boeing 717/DC-9/MD-80/90
    • Boeing 727
    • Boeing 737-100/200/Classic
    • Boeing 737 NG
    • Boeing 747-100/200/300/F
    • Boeing 747-400/-8i/F
    • Boeing 757
    • Boeing 767
    • Boeing 777-200/ER/300
    • Boeing 777-200LR/-300ER/F
    • Bombardier CRJ (100-900)
    • Douglas DC-10/MD-11/F
    • Embraer ERJ (135-145)
    • Embraer E-Jets (170-195)
  2. 2. What region are you from and which manufacturer do you prefer?

• Europe, Airbus
    • Europe, Boeing
    • Europe, Other
    • North America, Airbus
    • North America, Boeing
    • North America, Other
    • Asia/Middle East, Airbus
    • Asia/Middle East, Boeing
    • Asia/Middle East, Other
    • Oceana, Airbus
    • Oceana, Boeing
    • Oceana, Other
    • Africa, Airbus
    • Africa, Boeing
    • Africa, Other
    • South America, Airbus
    • South America, Boeing
    • South America, Other

Hello all,

I'm always curious as to what aircraft people generally like the most. What I also find interesting is that generally, people from certain regions prefer certain aircraft- for example, it seems that most Europeans favour Airbus over Boeing, while North Americans favour Boeing over Airbus. Out of pure interest, I'm putting this theory to the test! 

In the poll, I was limited to 20 answers per question, so I had to group certain aircraft together, hopefully in a logical way. I only included jet aircraft and aircraft that are currently in service (i.e. no A350, A320neo, 737MAX, etc at the time of writing). 

For me, my all-time favorite aircraft family is the Boeing 737NG. I am from North America, (Canada, to be exact ^_^) and overall I'd have to say I prefer Boeing, although the A320 is growing on me.  

Thanks for your participation in this survey! If you have any thoughts to add, I'd love to hear them. 

What if I don't prefer either manufacturer? My favourite plane is the A330, but that is just based on the shape. I think both Airbus and Boeing make great planes and I don't mind being on either one. That said I picked Airbus on the basis that they gave me pieces of one of their planes (well, they were always intended as test specimens, not as actual flight hardware) to break for my MSc thesis.

Well being European I picked the Airbus A320 family  B)  Nice neat little (by modern standards) planes.  If I really had to choose a favourite commercial jet though, I'd have to go back in time and pick the Sud Aviation Caravelle, if only for its stylish appearance...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sud_Aviation_Caravelle

Obviously OKB Tupolev, Tupolev Tu-134A-3 and Tupolev 154M. If they have an emergency and hits the ground hard, the plane might still make it in one piece compared to the usual Airbus 320 or Boeing 737NG that would end up in a fireball.

Il-62 is a great one too, not as strong. But a classic. And if I got to pick a western that would be the Boeing 707. They have personality so I couldn't give a damn about "shape" or "stylish". Same opinion about women (as long as not ugly or fat) :lol:

The Concorde is the only one I don't find dull as dishwater...

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg