Sign in to follow this  
fogboundturtle

Openlc Europe Is Just Gorgeous

After a few days of tweaking around with .cfg and AMD ATI Drivers, I managed to obtain an acceptable FPS outside the city without too much compromise on the visuals. I recorded this flight between Paris and London with the 737-800. Make sure you watch in 1080p.

Addons :

FTX Global

FS Global 2010

FTX Vector

OpenLC Europe

REx4 Texture

Active Sky Next.

Note : Yes its was kinda of not so great landing but after struggling with the ILS approach procedures this week, I was just happy to land the plane in 1 piece. No passenger were harm during the filming of this flight.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

I don't see anything else here but fog, clouds and blurry textures.  I'm sorry, I'm not convinced in the Gorgeousness of famous OpenLC Europe 

I don't see anything else here but fog, clouds and blurry textures.  I'm sorry, I'm not convinced in the Gorgeousness of famous OpenLC Europe 

Youtube does a hell of a job of compressing the sh*t of of every video. I also had to downscale form 2560x1440p to 1080p.

I agree with you in that it is pretty difficult to sift through images and videos of products like this and try to tell if it's really worth it or not.  I know there's Iceland demo but for people that don't fly there, is it really a good test before you buy?  It's too bad there can't be a trial period with products like this and if you don't like it, you can return it.

Having said that, I took the leap and bought it last week and I'm glad I did.  I just want to say that I am not a Orbx fan by any means.  I'm not one of those that just loves everything they do just because it's them.  I only own FTX Global and now OpenLC Europe.

To be honest, prior to OpenLC release, I wasn't overly happy with my purchase of Global.  The textures are pretty to look at, sure, but it wasn't worth $90 IMO.  Well, now with OpenLC, it has made the Global purchase worth it.  Their OpenLC product is able to access a lot more texture variations from Global plus whatever unique stuff they have for Europe to make it a believable flying experience over Europe now.

So, I'm happy with my purchase now of these two products(I use UTX still for vector data).  Overall, I'm a photo real fan.  But, this product does as good a job as can be expected with the land class based approach.  The variety in textures that you see and the more appropriate regional textures again, make it very believable now even without photo real.

Unfortunately though, like I started out saying, it's tough to tell from images and videos.  Until you see it for yourself, it's hard to get an accurate assessment as to whether it will be worth it or not.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

I finally purchased the Open LC. I would call it "impulsive" shopping.  :)  I just had to buy it.

I haven't installed it yet,  but hopefully today.  At least what I expect is to have nicer and more authentic scenery. A bit, at least....

I also have X-plane10 with "real" photo sceneries and OSM data, which looks quite impressive. and everything for X-plane is for free, comparing to FSX/P3D stuff.

What I like with X-plane, you can easily edit existing, or create new airports by yourself. They provide an easy very friendly tool for that.

And X-plane is more CPU/GPU optimised then FSX/P3DV2, which means you can have millions of trees, houses and cars, and still high FPS (compared with the same HW on FSX/P3DV2).

So I'm still using FSX/P3D because of sentimental reasons. And now with P3DV2 it looks like bringing FSX back alive from the dead.

I just change the program I am recording with.The quality is superior

This is Guernsey, England

Not really convinced by anything I've seen yet to be honest. Though I think my mind is being warped by spending a lot more time in xp10 at the moment where the level of graphics you can get for $0 (or whatever you want to donate) makes fsx and it's brethren look crap in comparison to be brutally honest. Makes me much more critical of things like this than I was in the past. Orbx are one of the few companies where I do think the money is just about worth it though to be fair.

Not really convinced by anything I've seen yet to be honest. Though I think my mind is being warped by spending a lot more time in xp10 at the moment where the level of graphics you can get for $0 (or whatever you want to donate) makes fsx and it's brethren look crap in comparison to be brutally honest. Makes me much more critical of things like this than I was in the past. Orbx are one of the few companies where I do think the money is just about worth it though to be fair.

I've played XP10 last week, I got all the Mesh HD V2 and OSMSceneryX and I haven't see anything that come close to Orbx OpenLC Europe..

You aren't looking properly then :)

Seriously though, the question has a very wide scope. Flying with simheaven scenery and v2 mesh around Switzerland and with lua Raleigh scattering scripts and osm Europe buildings far surpasses anything you can achieve in fsx/ p3d. It's actual real Switzerland apart from anything else!

The thing that's good about the orbx stuff is that the whole world is upgraded to a very good standard - if you did that with simheaven et al the xplane folder would probably be over a terabyte big

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Second vid shows it off nicely near the end there. As Ive got all the regions and prefer to fly those Im in no hurry for this and will wait for the all-in-one discount that will happen as soon as the dust has settled and sales slow down, within 6 months but Im just guessing :-)

ZORAN

Yes, second video is quite good actually. I would say the best which shows Open LC by now. Low altitude, clear weather, good FPS. If you want to show the scenery, show it. Not hiding in the dark night or fog and clouds. I think my money is not thrown into the wind.

I just change the program I am recording with.The quality is superior

This is Guernsey, England

Nice vid Mr. Turtle. And combining this LC with a detailed mesh is amazing in the Alps...