Sign in to follow this  
styckx

Around The Kerbalverse

Rare space sim shots in the SS forum!  Been dedicating a lot of time to KSP 64bit in Linux. Just recently installed RealSolarSystem mod using 8196x4096 textures and testing it..  Executable eats up about 6.5GB of RAM with these textures.  What this mod does is transform the vanilla 1/10th scale solar system and  into a full scale version.

Small tour of some of the universe.

rI8fZqI.jpg

YJTpuJq.png

c1Ub9c5.jpg

G3F7A3M.jpg

lCTSadq.jpg

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Gorgeous! 

I picked up KSP on Steam a while back, still going through the tutorials on how to get a proper launch, orbit, etc. Can't wait to explore the virtual world it comes with.

Thanks for sharing

Gorgeous! 

I picked up KSP on Steam a while back, still going through the tutorials on how to get a proper launch, orbit, etc. Can't wait to explore the virtual world it comes with.

Thanks for sharing

Try MechJeb.  It's autopilot will give you a great idea of how to do manual launches and rendezvous.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Mechjeb is great. But I had the opposite experience in my rookie days. I learned launches, orbiting and rendezvous manually first before going MechJeb. It actually made using MechJeb easier for me to pick up since I then understood the terminology and orbital mechanics better. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Mechjeb is great. But I had the opposite experience in my rookie days. I learned launches, orbiting and rendezvous manually first before going MechJeb. It actually made using MechJeb easier for me to pick up since I then understood the terminology and orbital mechanics better. 

Good point. I should note that I was an avid "Orbiter" user years ago.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Try MechJeb.  It's autopilot will give you a great idea of how to do manual launches and rendezvous.

Thanks, will take a look at MechJeb. However, first I need to find a few days off so I can watch tutorials on basic flight and try to nail that before I try and hook myself into a steady orbit. 

Sure would be fun to explore other planets and maybe create some vehicles to drive around in. I see an interesting future for KSP and Elite:Dangerous. 

Thanks, will take a look at MechJeb. However, first I need to find a few days off so I can watch tutorials on basic flight and try to nail that before I try and hook myself into a steady orbit. 

Sure would be fun to explore other planets and maybe create some vehicles to drive around in. I see an interesting future for KSP and Elite:Dangerous. 

The best way to approach KSP is look at it as a marathon and not a sprint.. ie: Don't look at it like a typical game.  The learning curve is steep but the developers are genius for how well they still made it approachable for anyone...  The community is great.. They DO NOT take themselves serious because the game doesn't take itself serious either. The game can be as complicated or as silly as you want it to be.  Blowing up absurd designs and killing Kerbals is all in a days work. :)