Sign in to follow this  
Beardyman

Cockpit

777 cockpit is great, but it is too sterile.

Wouldn't be nice to update cockpit with some items which will give feeling that plane is in pilot hand ?

Pilots always keep some maps, metars printout, or other sheet of papers in the pocket under glareshield, clipped to yoke or side window area.

Meaning is to create cockpit feeling as real as possible, and those items are always present there.

Artur 

I think it's because PMDG simply don't need to model a map folded on the dashboard. It takes up unnecessary recourses from your PC. The plane is already modeled, and it is already a load on performance for most users.

Instead, have your desk become the busy flight deck. Print your OFP and maps, use your ipad as an EFB with jeppesen charts like I do, etc.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

David, putting papers on my desk is not the same as see those in the cockpit.

I do not think that adding some "papers" will significantly increase load for system.

We are talking about low resolution fake maps or printouts nothing more.

But of course that is just my 5 cents.

Artur 

I do not think that adding some "papers" will significantly increase load for system.

You'd be surprised...

Everything rendered makes a difference.  Adding useless junk takes resources unnecessarily.  Then again, I probably have that viewpoint because I hate clutter, so I see the 777 as the type of workspace I'd be working in, myself.

Kyle Rodgers

I always found it funny when an addon puts a map (of somewhere I wouldn't ever dream of actually going) in the cockpit somewhere.

I remember the FS2002 era Flight1 737-400 had an approach plate on the yoke clipboard for some random american airport (by memory it was KMDW), which was always a bit annoying when I was flying my weekly Sydney - Melbourne lol.

Especially now in this era of paperless cockpits and all the briefing material going on the literal ipads.

http://ww1.jeppesen.com/company/newsroom/articles.jsp?newsURL=news/newsroom/2014/TAG_Aviation_iPad_EFB.jsp

http://ww1.jeppesen.com/aviation/military/enable-digital-transformation.jsp

Here's a picture of a non-EFB equipped 777 being augmented by an ipad full of jep charts.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2011/07/05/business/PILOTS-1/PILOTS-1-popup.jpg